Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a 1mz-fe vvti

Is this a 1mz-fe vvti

Hi
    I'm looking out for a vvti 1mz and came across this car on gumtree
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...ate/1275934913

I asked the guy for engine bay photos and he sent me this
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgZ...w?usp=drivesdk

That doesn't look like the vvti version to me. Can anyone with more experience on these engines confirm or deny.

Also it's high milage from Bradford so I'm a bit dubious anyways.

Thanks

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Can't see the throttle body end very well but it looks like a NON vvti engine to me.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Got this video aswell might give a better view. Not sure if/when they changed back to a single intake but this looks like a single.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FE9...w?usp=drivesdk

I think is non VVTi as well. However the video does not help as it goes over all of the bits apart from the end of the cylinder heads that you need to see VVTi parts. Get them to do that end of the cylinder heads slowly as the video moved so fast over the engine. That should give the definitive answer.

Well the guy doesn't seem to hurried to get back to me with the photo showing the vvti system.
    Although he has confirmed it's an electronic throttle so not sure if that helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I know I'm in exalted company here, but I'm interested since this appears to be a bit of an "odd ball" - Consider...
    Manufacturer and DVLA usually express non vvti versions as 2994cc, vvti as 2995cc. 2003 model year Camrys returned to the plastic intake and electronic throttle. You would normally expect to see the "vvti" legend appearing on the small engine cover. ( Although car manufacturers are notorious for using what happens to be in the parts bin at the time). If the car is of interest, would the dealer not give you the VIN no - you could get the correct info from your local friendly Toymota dealer. Would you not be better trawling the ads for a Lexus RX300/Toyota Harrier, they seem to be similar values?
    Is it, or isn't it - I look forward to the verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Deuce Coupe View Post
    I know I'm in exalted company here, but I'm interested since this appears to be a bit of an "odd ball" - Consider...
    Manufacturer and DVLA usually express non vvti versions as 2994cc, vvti as 2995cc. 2003 model year Camrys returned to the plastic intake and electronic throttle. You would normally expect to see the "vvti" legend appearing on the small engine cover. ( Although car manufacturers are notorious for using what happens to be in the parts bin at the time). If the car is of interest, would the dealer not give you the VIN no - you could get the correct info from your local friendly Toymota dealer. Would you not be better trawling the ads for a Lexus RX300/Toyota Harrier, they seem to be similar values?
    Is it, or isn't it - I look forward to the verdict.
    Well the guy never got back to me with a photo to show the vvti system so I'm assuming it dodgy. Also considering that the car has been up for a while and not sold they seem to sell fast if genuine. I am looking around for a rx300 mostly as it will have the correct engine but they seem to be going for silly money atm or are too far away.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

You will more than likely have to travel to get an RX300 as they seem mostly to be down south. I flew to Newquay to get my MR2. The flight was only £42. I seemed to be lucky with my RX300 as the guy was only up the road from me in north Manchester. Keep looking, it took me a couple of months before I found mine, looking at eBay and gumtree every evening. One will surface.
    Last edited by rainen; 26-11-2017 at 11:36.

1MZ VVTI questions

Hello again,
    Thought i would reuse my old thread for a couple of questions on the swap im about to attempt.
    I believe i have sourced myself a rx300 which im going to collect on sunday.
    I have a couple of questions from you more knowledgeable folks.
    Where have you bought rebuilding part from gaskets, bearing shells, piston rings ect.
    Is there a wiring diagram that i can follow or any tips for making up the loom.
    Can the flywheel be modified at home or will i need a mill
    TIA

I’m sure paul/Woodsport would do you a plug and play loom [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast