Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: little deuce overfueling issue resolved.... i think???

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    No problem, if you like ring me when he's at the car and I will talk you through it 07951304712.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Hey people, first of all I apologise for this thread dieing unresolved but as stated the car was 200 miles away so when things got complicated (for me) I through the towel in.

Anyway with a bit of sun on the weekend the car has now made the 200 mile trip and is here with me, i would greatly appreciate some help and input to resolving this issue now....

Anyway when i got it back I didn't have much time but I plugged it in and took a quick look at the codes and some fuel trim readings, sure enough the fuel trims are borh still both maxed out positive at idle, maf reading was 2.8 at 700rpm and both a/f sensors were at 0.66v

There was also codes relating to both a/f sensors range/preformance i think and a circuit fault on bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensor

As the car is now with me i can update and readings required within a day or two and i will also pop down and retreve all codes and check readings at 2500rpm and with a bit of brake cleaner in the inlet

Ok, here to help if you need it, carry out the tests i gave in post #11 and report back.

Ignore the bank1 sensor 2 fault code.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

test results

I have done the tests required and hopefully have some readings that will help... and baffle:icon_lol:

Cleared codes and reset ecu then took for a 10 mile drive and had these results, please bare with me as doing all this alone isn't easy when trying to write it all down lol.

Fuel pressure gauge reading 58psi time of test.

p1130 A/F sense circuit range/performance malfunction (bank1 sensor2);OK
    p1150 A/F sense circuit range/performance malfunction (bank2 sensor2);OK

At a resting idle of 680rpm
    maf 2.4-2.6
    o2 bank 1 sensor 1 0.660v
    o2 bank 2 sensor 1 0.655v

long term trims were bank 1.... 4% bank 2.... 7% with both short trims maxed at 19.5% introducing an air leak or brake cleaner to the intake made little to no difference.

revs held steady at 2000rpm
    short trim 1 15.6
    long trim 1 7.0
    short trim 2 9.4
    long trim 2 18.8
    o2 bank 1 sensor 1 0.660v
    o2 bank 2 sensor 1 0.655v
    brake cleaner did seem to lower readings and exhaust tone but only once and i could not replicate it the affect on fuel trims

the O2/afr sensors seem dead bank 1 sensor didn't change no matter what i did and the only way bank 2 would change was to blip the throttle and it went to 0.620-0.680v very briefly then returned to 0.655v

When bliping the throttle all fuel trims reset to zero.

I sprayed brake cleaner everywhere there could be an air leak and nothing at all (apart from brake servo).

Hopefully these readings make more sense to you than they do to me, if i was guessing i would be changing both afr sensors, or maybe stuck open EGR valve but i could be way off the mark
    Last edited by frog_eyed_mk1; 20-04-2018 at 23:18.

It would appear both afr sensors are dead but before rushing off to buy some you must check they are getting a power supply.

Unplug them and switch ignition on, one wire should be showing 12v, report back with your readings.

Yes i shall do that this afternoon....
    And report back by the end of the day.

Thank you for your fast response :icon_biggrin:

No problem at all it's one of my old conversions so I support them for life.

Now if it does require new AFR sensors they may need their wiring extending due to the sensor location, I'm happy to do that for you if you send me both old and new ones.

Next steps done, both connecters with the sensor unplugged on engine harness end have 12v on 1 of the 4 wires and around 3v on the rest.

So i guess im now looking at 2 new a/f sensors?

Next question, where is the best place to go for them and what do i ask for? Lol

Ive looked around and there are a few part numbers around....

I should be fine to lengthen the wires myself im not bad with a soldering iorn :rofl:

But thank you very much for the offer.... You do go the extra mile!!!

If that is the case i can get two of these direct from euro car parts for a little over £200

This is an ebay item number 232684203401 but the seller is euro car parts

Sorry to be a pain but i want to be sure im getting the right one.....

Here's the ones I use, Lexus quality and £85 each.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F150654387994

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast