Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: revs cut at 5700

revs cut at 5700

hi all got a 93 g limited with the v6 conv , purchased it with a cone filter fitted but it made too much noise (imo) so I swopped it for a carbon cda type ... now and then it will start 1st time but cut out ,try again and its fine .. but noticed yesterday whilst overtaking that the revs cut at 5700 , is this norm or is the cda type restricting it ?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Hi welcome to TB, can we have a few more details on the engine type etc?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

hi thanks , bought the car off mroc member it is a 1993 g limited with The 1MZ-FE (non VVTi)
    would you need any more details ? gearbox was converted by yourselves .

First step is to pull the fault codes.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Will plug in this week sometime as there’s no eml forgot that . Doh !

It’s my old car Paul.

Were you seeing the same symptoms Nigel?

No never missed a beat in 2 years. Always started on first key turn. However it’s highly unlikely that I ever took the revs over 5000 so not able to verify any possible cut out at 5700. As for starting and then cutting out never had that. The MAF is the original as are the AFR’s. I put a fuse in the dedicated feed to the AFR’s so worth just a quick check.

What sort of power does the engine give at + 5000rpm? Is there a point to wanting to rev that high?

so I pulled the code just bank 1 lambda which cleared . going to remove cda and try cone again, if its better I will try and relocate lower in bay .. as for reving passed 5k im used to vtec's which come in 5200 or 5700 so might be expecting too much but thought the camry revved till 6600 ???
    nigel hows the black one coming on ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast