Thread: Woodsport 1mz-fe VVti air intake pipes

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Woodsport 1mz-fe VVti air intake pipes

Ok chaps, following a lot of pressure from home builders who want this pipe for their swaps I have decided to go into small scale production of it.

Previously this pipe only featured on my own customers cars and due to the huge amount of time and effort it takes to produce each one it simply wasn't viable to produce cost effectively.

I do admit myself they are a work of art, each one is hand crafted, there are no jigs or templates for these pipes, I hand make every single one of them.

Each intake takes around 20 man hours to make, that includes all filling/sanding and paintwork which is done to a very high standard, they include the front PCV intake which can be plumbed up or blanked off (depending on your setup wether it has a breather filter or not/catch can etc) and also of course the MAF housing.

I ask that you send me your old 1mz airbox so that I can use its MAF housing, I do have stocks of them here but as demand increases I will need to replace them, so it will be offered in exchange.

Pricing these things is incredibly difficult, at 20 garage hours @ £50/hr that's £1000, now obviously that is ridiculous for an intake pipe, but it shows you the problem I have in producing these cost effectively.

I have decided to offer these for £350 each plus postage, for that it comes fully painted in whatever colour code you want, I can offer a bare primer version for £300 which will be either grey or white primer of your choice. I understand that is still a lot of money for an intake pipe, but it just cannot be reproduced any cheaper without incurring a loss labour wise.

Please note that upon ordering it will take up to 2 weeks to process each order to allow for fabrication and paint drying times. Pipes can be collected in person or sent in an oversized padded box with every care taken to package securely but it should be noted I cannot be held responsible for paint damage during transit, having said that I do not expect any problems sending them.

Examples of previous pipes below, these will be available in Mk1 and Mk2 form (a v6 Mk3 has never been built by the man at home so won't be available for those) but please ask if you have any questions, thanks Paul.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

These do look awesome, i am currently trying to get a donor for this swap and i was hoping to get one of these custom intakes.
    As you say they are expensive but i think they finish off the conversion and make it look really professional :thumbsup:
    What do you use to fill as if i get one i would like to powder coat it to match other parts and most filler doesnt like been baked.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Hi Martin, thanks for the kind comments, they are mild steel construction but smoothed over with Upol "Fantastic", then given a 4+1 high build primer coat, wet flattened back to marble smooth and either 2k painted or basecoat/2k laquer depending on the customers chosen colour.

As such I don't think they could be powder coated, also the plastic MAF housing is bonded into the pipes so that too would not like being baked.

To be honest I can colour match your existing parts identically or extremely close if it's a metallic shade.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here