Thread: the original mark 1.5 (bodywork question)

the original mark 1.5 (bodywork question)

Hi everyone

Apologies of I am asking a question often asked.. Also paul's website is a bit clunky at the minute, so can't really have a look through at present. I remember years back reading his build write up which included info on the unique bodywork of his beautiful first 1.5 upgrade. In particular, I am after info on the sill vents immediately in front of the rear arches and also info on the front bumper/spoiler combo.

As I recall, the sill vents were hand fabricated on the car, but I don't know if a kit was ever offered by Paul..? Anyone have any info on this or pics.?

Also, the front bumper/spoiler was a one-off IIRC, not the BC, or the eurosport, or the styleauto parts, but I think a modded early 90s Vauxhall Carlton bumper and something else...? Again, if anyone has an image or any more info on that, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm doing a lot of research at the mo' as I have some spare downtime before my next work project and am really getting stuck into the planning of my AW11 project ;)

Tomorrow is engine and drivetrain - a total minefield as I'm thinking of trying something non-Toyota.

cheers everyone

Mick

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Hi Mick, that particular car is the one that sparked off our entire business, this club/forum and later the whole UK V6 and 1.5 engine conversion scene.

Its bodywork was a total one off, the sills/side vent sections were taken from the Eurosport kit, heavily modified, lowered on the car to flush blend into the door swage.

The front bumper lip was from a Vauxhall Carlton, that too needed shortening in length and heavy modification to fit.

I have a folder full of pics of the car, so anything you need to see just ask.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Hi Paul

Thanks for the response and info. Yes, I was there at the start, so to speak, I remember my jaw hitting the floor when I saw the images! Thanks for the info. If I need anything I'll be sure to ask, thanks, very generous of you :)

All the best mate

EDIT: out of interest, is this car still around now..? Ought to be put in the "Woodsport Museum"!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    No i'm afraid it died of tin cancer many years ago.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

that's a real shame, Paul. The more and more I read these last few weeks, the more I'm realising that finding a good base for my project will either be really hard, or really expensive

cheers