Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1mz fe wiring

The 4th plug I was going to pick up sometime this week actually. Do I need anything from that white plug it or the 3 from the 2nd pic?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    " Do I need anything from that white plug it or the 3 from the 2nd pic? "

Sorry I don't understand the question, can you rephrase? Do you mean do you have to use wires from the other plugs?

Yes, yes you do. Every engine circuit that isn't handled by the ECU will need wiring up.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by fc3sajb View Post
    The 4th plug I was going to pick up sometime this week actually. Do I need anything from that white plug it or the 3 from the 2nd pic?
    lol, right i get you now.

ok, here's the news - this engine doesn't plug in where the other one unplugged. You have some wiring charts to read and some rewiring to do.

Something like this (you may also need Doombar) ;)

i found the ecu pin outs so im good with that. I just cant find the pin out for the that white plug im holding with the ecu plugs and the 3 plugs in the 2nd picture.

Quote Originally Posted by fc3sajb View Post
    i found the ecu pin outs so im good with that. I just cant find the pin out for the that white plug im holding with the ecu plugs and the 3 plugs in the 2nd picture.
    Like i said, if you post up a pic of the BACK of the plugs (so i can see the wires going into them) and the ECU pic with the part number i will try find you the wiring diagrams.

It really doesn't matter what the plug looks like anyway, you're looking for specific wires that may be present on a couple of plugs. 1MZ wiring is a little easier as there are common blocks from IGN live and the EFI outputs etc.

Chris.

Oh sorry misread that part if back of plugs. Sorry. I'll take a photo once I get home

Ill try to get clearer pics

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Knowing the wire colours on those plugs isn't going to help you, you need to test each circuit and find out where the wiring goes to on each system, for example your injector power feed, it will be on one of the NON ECU plugs, so you need to conduct a continuity test between the injector power wire and find out where it exits the loom on your plugs.

That process is repeated for every system/circuit.

There are no "how to" guides for the 1mz because there are such variations in the plugs/locations, so you use the 3vz guide as a rule of thumb for connecting circuits up, the theory is exactly the same.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Hi, I will PM you what I have in wiring info but the plugs don't really matter.

As long as you have the ECU plugs on the loom and the 4th plug, the rest you're going to have to identify anyway.

Chris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12