Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1mz fe wiring

1mz fe wiring

Im in the process of finishing up my friends v6 mr2 swap. The car is a 91 mr2 nonturbo. Now he got a what i believe is a 98 JDM motor with full harness. The harness had the fuse/relay box with it. I just unplugged 2 plugs from it and put the box on the side. It has 4 plug ecu. Now my thing is that im trying to do the wiring but the plugs on the harness down match up to most of the diagrams ive been looking at. The connectors dont look like the ones i see on write ups or diagrams. Can anyone give me any help on what connectors and where i can get a pin out of them? i got pretty much the ecu pin outs. But the 3 plugs in 2nd photo i cant find and the 2 last ones were pulled off the fux box

Hi there and welcome!

You will need near enough the exact wiring diagram for the engine for that year as they changed a lot.

The plugs should be fairly constant between models, but even if they're not you will need to trace each wire to ensure its correct. Your pics are not showing up for some reason so we can't see what you're seeing.

If you can provide a pic of the ECU plugs, I can probably find an accurate wiring diagram or help you track down specific plugs.

Chris :)

it seems mr wood that photobucket has stopped you (and the op) hyperlinking too...

Yeah so I saw. I was doing it on my phone, will take another look when I'm sat in front of a pc or laptop etc. I can move them to my PhotoFuckIt and share from there....

Quote Originally Posted by qwakers View Post
    it seems mr wood that photobucket has stopped you (and the op) hyperlinking too...
    Yeah - photobuckets "linking is now only allowed for paying accounts" has gone live, and they're also preventing their basic-level paid customers from hotlinking. Probably best to start downloading copies of anything you may have hosted with 'em, because photobucket probably won't be around much longer.
    Last edited by AlunJ; 23-07-2017 at 15:46.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

ah. let me try to repost the photos

heres the ecu plugs + a white plug i dont know whats its fore
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 plugs that go in through the firewall with with ecu plugs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It's a four plug ECU, three of them are in your hand, but unless you got the fourth one that normally runs from the donor cars chassis to the ECU then you won't be able to wire it up, it's the fourth plug you need to get the ECU working.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast