Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 3vzfe swap no start HELP!!

might not have the cor wired up correctly when it comes to that last red wire that needs to go two places right now i have it connected in the mr2 boot to a red wire with silver dots and then i have it extended also onto a plug on the 4th ecu

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Follow this as a test, link the thick black and white wires together on your starter relay, let us know if the starter turns over.

Check your engine actually turns by hand, a common homebuilders mistake is to use too long a flywheel bolt or front torque mount bolt jamming the flywheel.

There's a lot of explanation for what could be wrong but the circuit and wiring is very easy to diagnose.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Sare2016 View Post
    Brand new Duracell battery car has a lot of power i followed the wiring guide except on my plug one of the wire was black instead of red but i put a ring terminal on the white and black and grounded it and i followed everything in that guide based on the black wire being the red wire of course
    might not have the cor wired up correctly when it comes to that last red wire that needs to go two places right now i have it connected in the mr2 boot to a red wire with silver dots and then i have it extended also onto a plug on the 4th ecu
    Hi Stephan,

Okay i had to read that twice!!!! I have the pics you sent. (i uploaded them to PhotoBucket and shared them below). That Bosch relay - I have no idea what it's doing there. The starter circuit is VERY simple, refer back to the wiring guide. If you have the GREEN starter relay in the boot, you should have used that. If it's missing then i'm guessing thats why the Bosch relay is in there.

If you check and correct the starter wiring (as per the wiring guide) and test. Please be sure to check everything carefully, it is very easy to make a costly mistake, which is one of the reasons Paul Woods pulled the wiring guide off the forum. Double checking things might seem tedious, but very important.

If you post up any pics (or video!) on this thread it will make it easier for people to help.

** Also bare wires are not good. If it isnt used, cap it with a bit of insulating tape.

Last edited by cdwood2010; 21-04-2017 at 13:15.

also when it comes to wiring up he fuse box i have it wired up with all three thick white cables

also when it comes to wiring up he fuse box i have it wired up with all three thick white cables
    okay, just emailed you a link to the revised wiring guide (v1.6) that Paul Woods was kind enough to let me update a couple of years ago. It has some additional pictures etc so might help clarify.

Post up any questions. The worst we can do is point and laugh. :)

c.

:hits-the-fan::hits-the-fan:

i just tried to test by attaching the thick white to the thick black and nothing happened it didnt try to crank im not sure if it has anything to do with that loose red wire but anyway i think im getting power to the fuse box because when i ground the black and white wire the temp guage shoots all the way to hot

i think it might have to do with that last red wire that has to go two places but for me its a black wire, also got confused on the part with the black and yellow wires i saw 2 so i just used them both right now i have it connected to a red wire with silver dots that was left over from the mr2 5sfe harness in the boot

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I don't mean to sound negative but your posts are nigh on unreadable, I just can't decipher what you are saying about the issue and you're joining wires up all over the place!

Step back and follow the advice being given, simple tests and don't do anything rash.

If you joined the black and white together and no cranking then you need to test the white wire has 12v on it, and test the black/white goes to the starter solenoid.

Also did you check the engine actually turns by hand as advised???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Is it just me or does it not look like he has the main battery to starter wire

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast