Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 3vzfe swap no start HELP!!

That are wire was another ground strap

Quote Originally Posted by Sare2016 View Post
    Thank you @Thomp, I had the coolant line running right into the intake ��, I drained out all the oil, over and over until it was completely clean, but it still refuses to start did a compression test on the 3 cylinders easiest to get to and the compression and all three gave me a 0 reading.
    Zero reading? On all three cylinders of the front bank?
    Have you removed and refitted the timing belt at somepoint?

Usually the only way you'll get a zero reading across all the cylinders on a bank is mis-installation of the timing belt. Last time I saw it myself was when someone set the camshaft pulleys 90 degrees out. Short of blowing holes in the block there's not much else that'll give a zero on all three, even pistons with holes in them will give some reading.
    Last edited by AlunJ; 18-06-2017 at 01:52.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

Yes it was a new timing belt, I didn't know that but I know that to have 0 reading across all three would be almost impossible, I was thinking maybe I bent the valves when I had that coolant hose wrong, but that should give me some reading, I am going to try that, but can you break down what I would have to do to correct that? The timing belt i bought had no installation marks on it, but I'm now to the point that the engine was starting before, now it's not

http://www.shinny.co.uk/toyota/3VZ-F...air_Manual.pdf

thats the engine manual. read the instructions on how to set the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sare2016 View Post
    I am going to try that, but can you break down what I would have to do to correct that? The timing belt i bought had no installation marks on it, but I'm now to the point that the engine was starting before, now it's not
    You should already have the information required to install a timing belt correctly if you've done it before. The manual qwakers has linked contains the procedure in detail. The new belt having no installation marks should be irrelevant if the procedure is followed correctly.
    A quick visual check would be to pull the upper belt cover off, wind the crank pulley with a spanner until cylinder 1 is on TDC (using the timing marks on the crank pulley and on the lower belt cover) and seeing where your camshaft pulley timing marks end up in comparison to the timing marks on the belt housings.
    Last edited by AlunJ; 18-06-2017 at 19:59.
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425