Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 3vzfe swap no start HELP!!

3vzfe swap no start HELP!!

I have just completed a 3vzfe swap into my mr2 but when I go to turn the key nothing happens but a click when I took my old motor out there was a red wire and a yellow wire the yellow wire plugged back into the starter but I do not know where the red wire goes

Hey there,

Did you follow a wiring guide or wing it? What clicks? The green relay in the boot? Does your starter have the big fuckoff power cable connected? Any immobilizer fitted?

Come on, give us more details, don't be shy.

:)

Chris.

Sent from my Pixel XL so I'm probably on the loo. :)

i really needed this help basically when i turn the key nothing happens i hear a click i think its coming from the starter, i followed the paul woods wiring guide and no i do not have that thick cable connected to the starter, is that my problem on the v6 loom i was told i didnt need the starter power cable so i cut it to be cleaner when i bought the car there was some wiring done to it before theres a thick red and yellow wire coming from the mr2 diag box when i pulled my 5sfe i plugged the yellow back into the starter but the red one was attatched to the 5sfe loom and idk where that one would go but as far as everything else i triple checked the guide and im good here where is the immobilizer located?

was trying to upload some picture but having a hard time i have a big ground wire on the transmission going to he body of the car also having trouble with the igniter and if i need to ground both those wires or just one right now i have it on the starter

do u have an email address i could send u the pictures so u get a better understanding ?

Photo bucket is your friend. Post links to images using the prewritten links you copy and paste into text window here... Sorted
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Hi, as Sketchy says, use PhotoBucket, much easier. Read this - http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...pload+pictures

Okay, so if i understand you correctly, you only have 1 wire going to the starter motor. That is the plug in wire that activities the solenoid. That's the click you can hear. On your MR2 there is big fat cable, it sits under the fuel filler pipe and it comes all the way from the battery. That wire is a live 12v, and if it's not connected to a starter motor like it should be, then you're lucky the damn car isnt on fire. I would disconnect the battery until you confirm where it is. Here's a pic of what it should look like.

That big fat cable should bolt down onto the starter motor solenoid, if in doubt take a pic. When you turn the key, the other wire on the starter solenoid kicks the starter motor. Check that first, and also check that your earth leads to the engine and gearbox are in place.

Start there, lets get the obvious stuff checked out first then some further debugging depending on what we find.

c.
    Last edited by cdwood2010; 21-04-2017 at 01:20.

I connected up that starter live 12v wire still nothing on my old harness the previous owner had 2 wires spliced a yellow wire that plugged into the starter and another red wire that was spliced into the 5sfe harness I didn't know where this gets spliced into the v6 harness so I grounded it so I'm not sure if that's a problem also I'm not sure if I have the ignitor grounded or hooked up properly but it should still try to crack regardless I'm just not getting anything from the starter I triple checked the guide to make sure I wouldn't run into this type of thing it's also a brand new starter

Ok so you didn't have the big 12v wire connected? And now it's connected and it's still the same, is that correct?

If your starter relay is wired up correctly, the engine should at least turn over. Can you confirm that the earth straps are in place? Battery not flat?

I'm not sure what these wires are that you have spliced, you're going to need to explain these a bit better or take some pictures. If you followed the wiring guide, the starter relay is the first thing we do. You could literally just wire that up and the engine would turn over.

Chris.

Sent from my Pixel XL so I'm probably on the loo. :)

Brand new Duracell battery car has a lot of power i followed the wiring guide except on my plug one of the wire was black instead of red but i put a ring terminal on the white and black and grounded it and i followed everything in that guide based on the black wire being the red wire of course

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast