Thread: 1MZ-FE swap help

1MZ-FE swap help

Have a 88 mk1 looking to swap in the 1mz beside ecu and harness what else am I going to need I heard talk about needing the trans from the mk2 I'm currently looking at a 95 Avalon with the 1mz as my doner car any advice tips or help would be great

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Welcome to TB, you do need a Mk2 NA gearbox, the S54, and I highly recommend doing our (Woodsport) 5th gear modification and LSD install mod when using that with the 1mz. The beauty of going that route means the Mk2 NA axles will plug and play into Mk1 hubs.

You will need to cut the chassis hanger brackets off and fabricate new ones, we do supply a mounting jig for this purpose, but the engine can also be manually hung, just get the left/right location perfect as that is critical for driveshaft endfloat.

There are dozens of other mods you need to do and things to buy, I would start reading the build threads but if you need to know something specific just ask here.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here