Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The 1.5 - Back to the future.

I used a 2k (non isocyanate based) etch primer when i did mine, very good adhesion after a quick pressure wash and scuff, Upoxy is the brand, have used it on everything from aluminium to abs plastic

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    So here's an overview of the project including the exterior arch work which is a new design for skirtless mk1a cars.

The bay as it looks now with refurbished fuel filler etc....

Current prototype bolt on arch design, not as wide as previous efforts.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Always preferred the 1A intake vent, just suited the car better.

Those arches look the part. You planning anything to merge the blacks to whites? Maybe I'm used to the kitted 1B's but those black bumpers seem to stand out quite a bit against the white...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I'm never selling the 944
    - and now we wait!

Love this car. I do miss having a 'two. Never had an MK1, but it's cool to see these things becoming awesome again. Big fat wheel arches and a pristine engine bay? Yes please!

I'm really liking those arches. Are they made to be the same size as the stock arches?? And would they fit with the mk1b side skirts?

Arches look righteous.. How it should have looked originally

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytank View Post
    Always preferred the 1A intake vent, just suited the car better.

Those arches look the part. You planning anything to merge the blacks to whites? Maybe I'm used to the kitted 1B's but those black bumpers seem to stand out quite a bit against the white...
    Hi Tommy, the plan is to keep it all Mk1a as much as possible apart from the engine and arches of course! I want to keep the black bumpers and also add the original black bump strips back onto the car, there will also be a black rubber gasket between arches and wings which should set them off.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Angpozzuto View Post
    I'm really liking those arches. Are they made to be the same size as the stock arches?? And would they fit with the mk1b side skirts?
    The diameter is roughly the same, my original product is designed for the Mk1b and do in fact fit over the Mk1b sideskirts.

The original arch kit is wider on the rear though by about 1.5"

It was finding a picture of your first mk1.5 about 14 months ago which made me part out my rev5 tubby within a week and start my own mk1.5 project. It's going slowly as I'm having to learn lots of new skills as I'm going, but a bit thanks to paul for first doing first conversion then being will to put up all the documentation so people like me can bogde there way through it. The funny thing is ive still never seen a mk1.5 in the flesh!!

Much respect to you for having the guts to have a go sir, 1.5s are not easy cars to build successfully.

Always here for help and advice if you need it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast