Thread: Steering column

Steering column

Hi I wanted to know is the steering column from a 1992 mr2 with power steering the same as a 1991 mr2 that doesn't have power steering are they the same thanks

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Not a simple answer I'm afraid, the upper part of the column is the same, the lower part that has the universal joint I believe to be different between NA and turbo models, I can confirm for definite tomorrow once I have studied the EPC so you have a 100% answer.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    On checking it would appear the upper part of the column is revision based, so rev1/2 are the same part regardless of wether PS is equipped or not, so a rev3 has a different upper column.

PS equipped cars no matter what revision have different lower column parts.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

That's for the reply the reason i was asking i wanted to fit corsa electric power steering to my mr2 and had to cut my steering column and I had a spare power steering column thankfully I got the corsa steering fitted and it's working a treat