Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AW11 Smallport Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Chris View Post
    I have a smallport 4agze with smallport 4age intake in mine.

engine small.jpg

Shame it has sat in my garage for 8 years waiting for me to finish rewiring the house, fitting a neww kitchen and bathroom etc etc...
    4AGZE Small Port probably from an AE92 (I know yours is different with chargecooler on it), but that produced 165hp rather than the AW11 4AGZE which was 145hp - so the 4AGZE that was in the AE92 corolla was even more powerful, as was the N/A engine. Shame the AW11 was discontinued when it was :(

It was originally a smallport 4agze supercharger conversion from an ae92 with a larger pulley, but using the ecu and wiring loom from an aw11 supercharger, producing a claimed 185hp.

I decided to change the supercharger for turbo and sourced a smallport inlet, turbo manifold and t25 turbo.

One day i'll get round to finishing it!

For people who have managed to acquire the small port cylinder head, they often reuse the bigport intake manifold and have an adaptor that is made by https://technotoytuning.com/. But it's the manifold/head combo from the small port I am using as this is the best thing to do. You still need the smallport fuel rail. Finding the rail and intake manifold was a bit of a problem but that's all sorted now. Just need to find a standard 4AGE throttle body that has no issues, as my current one is a bit shit.

In essence all it is, is emptying a standard 4AGE block, installing later 4AGE pistons, retaining 42mm rods and crank, swapping heads and inlet manifolds and standard bottom end rebuilding plus some head work. Nothing too elaborate.

However I am in the process of trying to source some Honda injectors from either a mk4 prelude non-vtec, 88-89 civic si as the 235cc injectors work on the 4AGE ecu ;)

I'm trying to find some Tomei Poncams but I just cannot find any suppliers in the UK.

Does anyone know a supplier?

Oh I forgot to mention I am going to buy BC Racing Coilovers from Tengu Drift on facebook (thanks for the tip from IMOCers) and polybush the whole lot as well :)

Also considering a full blow over, in white, but with a black roof.

Sound like a winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex170984 View Post
    Also considering a full blow over, in white, but with a black roof.

Sound like a winner?
    Hey, it's an 80's car, course it's a winner. :)

Do a cheeky Photoshop. Or send me a pic of your car and I will give it some inappropriate touching.

:)

I've managed an absolute steal on eBay with some Toda 7.9mm 264 inlet/264 exhaust camshafts :)

Not very often the likes of Toda camshafts pop up on eBay.

Good times.

I love when ebay is on point. :)

c.

I can build my cylinder head now rather than waiting til the engine swap to strip my head and use my other camshafts :)

So all the shims can be set right :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast