Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Specific? Yeah- Here's A FORD and a Chrysler V8 in one Vehicle. HEMI #4 Build

Thanks man, yeah. It's great. I hope it continues. Meanwhile I got the Subaru SORTED, thing sounds great, pulls hard and no more wheel bearing noise. YAY!!

Get it sold and onto that mustang v8 project ?

The Subaru is sold. :) I got a nice price for it, well worth my time and effort.
    I have an update for the HEMI #4 coming, I've got pics.

Pics? Where?
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Good morning everyone! I'm doing a bit of actual work this week, but yesterday was productive on the Hemi #4. I'm waiting on a big pile of parts to arrive and I can get the hemi chassis running. We will do a test fire of the engine, and then THIS truck is slated for some serious power upgrades.

Or as I like to say, "If you thought it was fast before, just wait til you drive it now".

Pics:

I remember it wasn't that long ago that I barely had a use for ONE engine stand, now I need three.

Two Hemi's and a Cobra. Not bad eh? The Ford will have it's own thread. :)

Not much fabrication required on this mountain of metal.

This is where I have to leave it for a few days. BRB

Quick update, The Pontiac Aztek is gone, thankfully. Horrid little thing that. Took a bit of a loss on it, but who cares, I despised the thing.
    I'm working a deal for another driver at the moment, we shall see if this truck I'm looking at is as good as they say it is. They are driving it to me, from an hour away.
    If it's good, I'll buy it. If not, I'll toss em a few quid for their time and send them on their way.

You yanks are strange. I always prefer to go see a vehicle stone cold, they could have towed it most of the way to you and pushed it around the corner!

:)

Me too never buy a car unless the engine is cold when you get there especially a diesel

I used to do that. Back in the day, I was the most skeptical buyer and I red flagged everything. Never buy a warm engine, I know, I know. Smell the oil & trans fluid- check the oil filler cap for signs of water, blah blah blah hehe
    Now I listen to it run, smell a bit of exhaust and let the vehicle tell me what it needs.

When you're dealing with such small amounts of money, it's not that big of a deal. Sure, you run the risk of getting burned by someone, but I spend enough time asking all the right questions and judging character before I ever see the vehicle in person.
    I made this deal sweeter when it arrived because of an exhaust leak on the manifold. I said that it was most likely broken bolts in the head, because that's really common on these. Found a little wet spot on the radiator too. Dropped the price 300 bucks when it got here.
    As it turns out, the exhaust manifold bolts were fine, it was just a leaking fitting on the EGR tube. I welded it up and BAM! Silent and strong as an ox. It's fine, I could flip it for $$ but nah- I'm going to use it as a winter truck. You'll see a blowing snow four wheel drift video in this winter!

I've ordered a brake master cylinder for 28 bucks shipped because the pedal is soft, no big deal there and I'm not sure if I'll swap the radiator (85 bucks shipped) or just put some alumaseal in it. Stuff works great on small leaks.

BACK TO THE HEMI Business:
    A video for your smart TV or for wasting 17 minutes at work.

https://youtu.be/SPl8VIWFVwE

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast