Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Specific? Yeah- Here's A FORD and a Chrysler V8 in one Vehicle. HEMI #4 Build

He wants a fence. So he doesn't have to see all your stuff on the drive.

Either that or he wants a car worked on soon....
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    He wants a fence. So he doesn't have to see all your stuff on the drive.

Either that or he wants a car worked on soon....
    Yeah that. But it is good to keep them sweet.

:)

This neighbor is the son of an older couple that live next door. This kid is 30, no job, many problems, etc etc. The parents let him do whatever. He offered to help (and has, many times) but I don't need someone that is usually drunk by 10am... Over the past few months I've tried to help the kid, I told him, I can use a hand for a day here and a day there, but you can't be drinking if you're over here working. He agreed and didn't drink during the 2 days that he helped me strip the truck. He's not a bad guy, just a bit daft and never had any real leadership I suppose. He followed directions and we got the truck 100% torn down, cleaned up and loaded the scrapper's truck in 10hrs. A savings for me of about 8 hrs and a lot of struggle.

And truth be told, it's us that want the fence lol We are discussing a move to a place closer to our car buddies shop and somewhere with a BIG garage. I mean 30x30 or bigger...

Its not impressive enough already that you achieve these fab results from projects, but now you have to go and add "life skills coach" to your resume?

Damn.

Hahahahaa.. I tried to argue with the kid when we first moved in, but something said I was supposed to help rather than hurt, so I took the high road. He told me today that he was going on a job interview. I said "Hell yeah man, keep at it, you'll get one- Now come over here and help me push this truck chassis" lol

#secretHighroadOnlyforMyPersonalGain hahaha

Still gonna plumb?
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Yeah, I had to go into work for a half day yesterday. Next week looks fairly open but when they call, I have to go. Someday... Someday...

I started on the Subaru wheel bearings yesterday afternoon. Bolt frozen solid, had to cut it. Today I have to find lower control arm bushings and a new bolt, plus do the other side as well.

I did have to push the Hemi #4 chassis over so I could get Scooby into the garage.

I've been receiving pics from the owners of Hemi #2 and #3. They have been taking the trucks on the roads all over the southern states. It seems these things are a big hit with the car crowd. I couldn't be happier about it. I'll tell you, I thought that once I sold any one of these things that I'd never hear from them again, but as it turns out, the owners are in the regular rotation of texts and phone calls, really great people.

It's cool to see how the trucks are used and it helps me build all future trucks in such a way that they're easier to live with while you drive them. I'm also focusing in on real reliability and longevity of usability with these things. Once they leave my garage, they're expected to run trouble free for years. That plays a factor in the way I build them, that's for sure.

Last edited by Grenade; 11-11-2016 at 12:28.

That's always awesome to see and hear that something you put so much effort into is being both reliable and enjoyed.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast