Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Specific? Yeah- Here's A FORD and a Chrysler V8 in one Vehicle. HEMI #4 Build

Subaru WRX engine arrived.

Long day at work, but then came home to an engine sat on a pallet. Hooray! I started on it right away but could only work on it until about 8pm, I started to fizzle out. I'm off to work today, but I'll get back on it when I get home. I need a fresh brain to get this right, since I've never touched a turbo motor in my life. Should be fine...

I'd much rather start on the HEMI #4 build, which waits patiently disguised as a pile of old steel junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    Long day at work, but then came home to an engine sat on a pallet. Hooray! I started on it right away but could only work on it until about 8pm, I started to fizzle out.
    My normal day usually finishes with me 'Fizzled out' by 7pm. Where do you get the energy from...........Doombar possibly???

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Meth. lol

Just kidding! I normally don't start work until after 9 am. That helps enormously. Today it's 11:05 pm and I just came in from the garage. BUT-
    My work day for tomorrow consists of "drive to building, pick up check and drive home". The Scooby engine is going to RUN tomorrow. Unless they call me for some bullshit ;)

I did a LONG 14 hrs in the garage the other day, only to fire up the Subaru and.... nothing. Wouldn't start. The next day, most of another day spent reading and fiddling (fiddle fuckin') around and finally got it sorted.

Runs great. I can start cutting up HEMI #4 soon :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KX5J9dk9kE

Pics from the install:

Last edited by Grenade; 05-11-2016 at 11:26.

Welp- I drove it. It makes boost, sounds good, runs perfect. I might have a rear wheel bearing on it's way out, but it's not too bad. I'll drive it around and see if I can tell which bearing it is, or if it's the rear diff. Chassis has 174k on it, it's a cool car. Better than the Pontisuck Asscrack erm- I mean Pontiac Aztek...

Problem over there is it's all straights, to really enjoy it you need twists & turns, more than just the on/off ramp

I know where to find the twisties, but they're hours away. I hear the hot setup is to put Subaru Forrester struts on all 4 corners and bigger off road tires. Then it'll be a little truck! :) I'm doing a header on it today.

Scooby turned out great, still have the wheel bearings to replace, but someone is interested in buying it, so that can sit in the driveway for now.

On to the International build:

I was able to get a bit of help from the neighbor, he's helping me take down the Hemi#4 donor truck. We got a lot done on it in a few short hours. Hoping to get the rest of it done today.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    I was able to get a bit of help from the neighbor, he's helping me take down the Hemi#4 donor truck.[/IMG]
    Be careful of neighbours offering help, there's usually a catch!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast