Thread: V8 Specific? Yeah- Here's A FORD and a Chrysler V8 in one Vehicle. HEMI #4 Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

V8 Specific? Yeah- Here's A FORD and a Chrysler V8 in one Vehicle. HEMI #4 Build

Ok, it's a bit complex this story of how I ended up with this stuff. Follow along, I'll try to be brief.

Sure- it seems like all the other builds. BUT- this one is different. My buddies dealership had a repo on a Durango. Yeah, you know- a repossession of a truck. Someone couldn't or wouldn't make the payments, so they came and repossessed it, or took it back. After the legal jump rope, he said we could use it as a donor vehicle, it didn't run. It was the good Durango- Hemi powered.
    Whatever happened to Hemi #3? The one I just finished?

He sold it to the same guy that owns Hemi #2, in Louisiana, USA. Now dig this:

The guy that bought Hemi #2, wanted another one so he and his wife could have a matching pair of AWD Hemi Internationals. He came back to Ohio to buy Hemi #3. My buddy also made a deal for his 1946 GMC 6 cylinder, manual transmission patina rusty truck, plus the complete body from a near perfect 1953 International truck. (this Hemi #2 guy was going to have me build it for him, but this deal came through and he jumped on board. Everyone wins.)

Long story short- I have a Hemi Durango AND THE BEST 1953 International R-110 I have seen to date.

I'll let the pictures do the talking from here, but I am starting with a video because it covers SO much more at the beginning of a thread. Enjoy, comment, share, like subscribe- whatever. (Jeez, I sound like a tv commercial, except most TV commercials aren't typing on a PC at 12:30pm, after at least 6 beers)
    Anyway- Here, enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/XxgzuyvnAqY

Last edited by Grenade; 29-10-2016 at 05:46.