Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Another 3VZ-FE swap Byrney1984

Cheers all. I see what you men Chris. Ill have to fit it and see where I can brace it to and from. At this rate I'll ba able to use it as an axle stand hahaha

You may not need it, it looks pretty solid, but if you do there should be somewhere on the end of the lower intake manifold etc.

c.

Well my silicone hoses arrived today. What a complete waste of time as they are all different shades of blue. So having to send them back. My own fault for buying them off Fleabay! Looks like I'll have to take a trip to Demon tweaks down the road and get robbed for some silicone. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people, that place just doe's it bare faced!!! Hahaha! Unless anyone knows somewhere that I can get hold of some all the same color?
    Thanks

Well just thought I'd post a quick update of my build. I've been Ill for a week so not much has been done.A big case of man flu. At least that's what the resident doctor I live with tell's me.lol. I managed to get outside today to tackle the wiring and its almost finished just the reversing lights and the speedo( as i've fitted the stronger rev 3 box) wiring to go. So hopefully it'll be running this weekend. Although I did have a few wires that weren't in the same places on Chris' excellent guide. Just abit of beeeep testing and all sorted. I'm itching to get it running....

Heres a few other pictures I forgot to put up of heads after porting

And this is the front with my blue oil cooler sandwich plate thing
    Last edited by byrney1984; 15-08-2018 at 23:58.

Well the wiring is complete and more or less tidied up in the engine bay. I tentatively put the neg battery cable on praying for no wild sparks and hey what do you know. It was all good. Did a few checks around and under and then ignition on, same checks all good. Removed the king coil lead and tried to crank it, well just blip the starter and its all good. Just gotta get an oil filter and oil and plumb in the coolant heater hoses and Its all good to run. So with any luck I may be posting a video of it running and sounding very loud as I need to make the exhaust. Well Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by byrney1984 View Post
    So with any luck I may be posting a video of it running and sounding very loud as I need to make the exhaust.
    I started mine straight out of manifold, even my wife who likes loud exhausts commented "That's a bit loud"

Hahaha. I don't think mine misses will be quite so accepting of the noise. She moaned at the noise my Remus exhaust made on my 3sge so god help her haha!!

If you have rebuilt the engine, get the oil and filter in there and give it a crank until the oil pressure light goes out.

First run is nerve racking - i generally run them 60 seconds and then check around the bay etc. After a few runs you will happily leave it ticking over while you go make a coffee / get a beer in.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast