Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 3VZ-FE swap Byrney1984

I know what mean but I love them. A bit like lambo doors! lol

Quote Originally Posted by byrney1984 View Post
    I know what mean but I love them. A bit like lambo doors! lol
    Not quite as bad as Lambo doors, at least these have 'some' use

great work. Can I ask what brand of paint is the red engine paint? Im probably going to do the rocker cover on my MR2 Turbo the same as i think it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboymills View Post
    great work. Can I ask what brand of paint is the red engine paint? Im probably going to do the rocker cover on my MR2 Turbo the same as i think it looks great.
    I used Hycote brake caliper red. Its takes the heat perfectly as I have used it before back when I had a 300zx TT. Just make sure you degrease it with some jizer etc.. also I used a wire wheel in a milling machine to clean them up. But a drill works just as well.

and the blue
    Last edited by byrney1984; 16-08-2018 at 00:04.

Thanks. I had a good idea that would probably be what you had used. It looks great. I think you have done a superb job. Are you in Buckley North Wales? If so I only live half an hour away. I could nip over in Japscrap for a nosey and a brew.

Yeah thats me mate. Im nights this weeek so i dont think ill get too much done. But feel free to call over on the weekend for a nosey. I seen japscrap for sale in weaverham.

Yes....... that's me. That's where I live. I'm away in the wagon mon tues and weds. Off working on my turbo thurs and Friday. I would love to call over on the weekend......... I'm really nosey ha ha ha. Bloody hell, small world ain't it.

Just a quick couple of pictures of my washing line with some freshly painted parts and the start of my engine mount. The slotted plastic is just my template. Once I know exactly where the bolts line up I'll make it out of 10mm aluminium and either bolt it or weld it up or maybe both hahaha.

I started the wiring on Saturday and hit the first hurdle. the very first wire in Chris' guide is in a different place. Typical. the starter motor exciter wire(thick BLACK and RED) isn't on the plug in the boot( Well would have been under the dash in the Camry) but it was on a plug that was originally near the cruise control gubbinz in the Camry if that makes sense.
    Last edited by byrney1984; 15-08-2018 at 23:51.

That mount looks interesting. I didn't think they levelled up that well. Have you tried the engine the bay yet, because there are 3 other mounts that need to line up, and that 4th one is a joy to line up!

The BLACK/RED wire from the starter - i have never seen that exit the loom anywhere else but on that plug. It's a single point to point wire that does the same thing in either car, throw 12v at the solenoid. I would double check (if you haven't already). You can just run a new wire if thats easier.

Feel free to PM me if you have any urgent questions, i know how annoying it is when you're in the middle of something and need a "right now" answer.

c.

Trust me to have the only differently wired camry. Maybe because its a late 1994 3VZ-fe. Heres a couple of pictures of the plugs the first one is where the wire should be...

And here's where it is...

I've beep tested it from the starter motor end and it has continuity. So it has to be that wire.

I've got the engine in the bay on the 3 gearbox mounts and levelled it up with a jack and some wood. You are quite right Chris they dont line up exactly.

But not to fear I'll make a new spacer from the engine mount to the right height and grind the little nipple off the original mount and drill a new hole there. I know it's a lot of work when I could just buy a mount from Paul Wood but I take pride in making all the bits I need. I cheaped out on the flywheel just to save money and time by milling the holes out in my 3sge flywheel. I don't have £380 spare for a fidanza. But if anyone wants another machined flywheel I do have another on in the garage.
    Last edited by byrney1984; 15-08-2018 at 23:53.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast