Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 3VZ-FE swap Byrney1984

Another 3VZ-FE swap Byrney1984

Hi everyone just had to start my build earlier than expected because my 3sge oil pump died and I had to ruin my engine to get to a safe place. I'm a bit gutted but never mind I'm sure I'll soon forget about it.

The plan to begin with, was to run a t3/4 hybrid turbo at about 6psi mounted over the gearbox as I don't like cutting holes lol. Due to recent events I'm forced to go n/a as I need my car for work!

Hopefully I'll have it in and running by the end of the month. I'm new to the forum and have never made a thread so please bare with my noob'ness of posting updates.
    So please watch this space and I'll do my best to keep you all updated with photo's and if i miss anything or some one knows any easier way then please let me know
    Last edited by byrney1984; 14-10-2016 at 20:18.

There are a few problem jobs along the way. If you struggle with wiring and welding. Rest of it is fairly easy. Get stuck in. Don't be shy asking for help when you need it.you will probably make all the same silly mistakes we already have.
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Post away my good man! We all like to help with these things :)

Sorry for the big delay in my posting but I've been so busy with work, cars ad my little one. I will upload a load of pictures of my v6 build in a mo so please let me know what you think. I take pride in doing everything myself even making an AFM adaptor for scratch.

Heres a load of pictures that I know you all love to see. Just hope you don't think of it as a load of spam and I hope the pics show up too!!!!

My old 3SGE engine shame the oil pump died

My lovely camry with the hit and run windscreen Lol

3VZFE engine coming out

Then the normal strip down degrease and paint

Followed by a small amount of porting

Alternator stripped and painted

Here's the custom manifold flanges i was doing for my turbo pipework

While I was at it I thought i'd go looking for rust. Not bad for a 89 Rev 1. Been over here for 17 years too

Heads skimmed

My blue sump and magnetic plug

Afm with my home made adaptor

Cambelt end shot

3SGE out yet again

Completed 3VZ-FE engine

The V6 beast in the back of my MR2 well almost
    Last edited by byrney1984; 17-08-2018 at 02:04.

Wow. Loving your work. That detailing is insanely good.

:)

That is a great job! It's SUPER

Really, that is a clean, thorough job. You're going to love it.

Thanks I have spent a stupid amount of time cleaning and going through high temp paint like no tomorrow. The lads in work think it loks like a transformer.lol. I'm going to be making a poly-carbonate slatted engine cover.A bit like those old windows made of slats. The plan is to hook it up to a solenoid so the slats will be open when running and closed when off to keep out the rain. Plus everyone can see my hard work on my detailing too. Just waiting for all my silicone hoses to turn up with my Magnecor HT leads.

I will keep you all posted
    Last edited by byrney1984; 29-10-2016 at 08:38.

Here's a couple of pics of my two

Just need to fit my rear bumper and then save up to get it resrayed next year. Oh and I've got a set of apexi coilovers to fit too.
    Last edited by byrney1984; 17-08-2018 at 01:58.

Marmite Rev6 lights, sorry don't like Marmite but the rest looks amazing

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast