Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MR2 Turbo Restoration Barn find

Where did you get those sills from?

If the are an off the shelf item I could do with some of that
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboymills View Post
    There was also a cock up with the paint.
    I asked for Basecoat and they gave me 2K poly. As I have said I want the car doing in Clear over Base so I can not use the 2k.

I have 2 Litres of Super Red 2K poly for sale, if anybody is interested then let me know. I paid about £100 for it, so I could do with £75 back for it.....
    Why not return it to who supplied it and get what you ordered? Then you lose zero.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Where did you get those sills from?

If the are an off the shelf item I could do with some of that
    I got them off MR2-Ben he is an MR2 parts dealer here in the U.K. They had a company make the sills for them. Have a look on his site.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieGT View Post
    Why not return it to who supplied it and get what you ordered? Then you lose zero.

I may well do this but to be honest it does say on my Reciept 2K so i don't hold out much hope. Plus I bought the paint back in July...........
    It's a good excuse to buy another Super Red MR2 that needs body work doing ha ha ha

I will message him tomorrow. Probably easier then getting 2 more parts cars to butcher. Though parts cars pay for them selves..... And other bits

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    I will message him tomorrow. Probably easier then getting 2 more parts cars to butcher. Though parts cars pay for them selves..... And other bits
    I think they were £60 a side. They are made from thick steel and they fit absolutely bang on. I would recommend buying them.

Ok, We are now in paint.
    I didn't take any photos of the clearing process as I had to go collect my daughter from school.

Today my Job was to flat down the car ready for buffing up. I got Chris to Buff the car up as he has been doing this every day for the last 20 years. Im certain he will make a better job of it than me.

Next job was to start building up the car again. I thought the best place to start was at the top.

Here is how I left the car today......

As Im typing this, the Bonnet, Boot, Mirrors, Door Handles, Petrol Flap, Engine cover and inspection covers are going in to be painted and cleared. Tomorrows job will be flat and buff this lot and more building up parts........

I also scored these seats off eBay yesterday for an incredibly cheap price, Im probably going to put them in this car....... or Japscrap.

More tomorrow.......................

#wishingIhadAnotherTwo :eusa_angel:

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    #wishingIhadAnotherTwo :eusa_angel:
    No you don't... They are to pricey over your way... For not so much return.. Buy a cobra kit car for a plaything if you want a toy.....

More progress made today......

Windscreen is now in....

I then took her outside and washed all the compound out of all the nooks and crannies.........

we just have to paint the roof and boot spoiler, engine cover and side panels, paint and fit the lights and bumper inserts, then we are done with body work.
    Im really pleased with the way this restoration is going. Yesterday I thought about contacting the guy who bought it into the country and owned the car many years ago.
    His name and address are on the many thousands of £ worth of service receipts.............
    I might Google him ha ha ha ha.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast