Thread: Non MR2 MECHANICAL WIZARDRY TEST Do you think you're good?

Non MR2 MECHANICAL WIZARDRY TEST Do you think you're good?

Ok- This is a test. Well, it's more of a problem that I'm having. In this video, I show and explain what I'm working with and what I'm trying to do.

Now I know for a fact, that I'm no mathematician. I'm terrible at math. But- I have a decent working mechanical knowledge of things and can work out many, many problems.

Watch this 8 minute video and see what I have in front of me and see what can be done about this dilemma. It might jump right out and slap someone in the face with how simple the solution is, but as for me? I feel bad that I didn't try hard enough in school and that I really should have been an engineer. This isn't a problem of "How fast should I hit that jump, to make it safely to the landing". If that was the case, I'd grab an extra gear, hit the throttle and hope for the best. It isn't.

This takes knowledge of levers, fulcrums, radius and length. If I spend the next 2 months on it, I'll probably, eventually hit on what it'll take to solve it.

I've got plenty of other things I can be doing on this build to move it forward. I present to everyone, a challenge.

If you come up with a solution that I can actually make this set up WORK and this truck has wipers, I will send the winner a prize package of mystery goodies from the USA. No junk- cool trinkets, bits & bobs, fun stuff.

The gauntlet has been thrown down. I actually have a headache from this one. Feel free to make fun of me for missing it, should it be so simple....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUv...ature=youtu.be

Figured. Will draw a pic when I get to work. Will let you mount a motor further down
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Ok- Sketchy, THANKS MAN, you shall have a fun pack of goodies in the post soon. PM me your addy, your drawing made it all make sense. I had to reduce the travel with anther arm, but this is going to do it.

Next time, in school, I'll pay more attention!

Does that "t" arm replicate the motion of the original?

If not. Pivot in the centre of the t. And put a link to the motor below. On the same leg. To give it the twist instead of push.

But that looks like a pass mark on second look.As both arms will move the same.pivot will make them sweep in opposite directions...
    Last edited by sketchy; 05-09-2016 at 09:41.
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

If I'd only had Mechano (we call them Erector Sets in the USA) I could have arrived at this much quicker. It took 6 beers and about 4 hours. :)

Excellent engineering solution sir!