Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3vz wont start

I never took the backlash gears apart just fitted the bolt and removed it once back in and aligned dot to dot

Right hand pulley, dowel should be in the slot that's inline with the raised dot in my picture you can see there's pretty much a white line through it to the timing mark.

Rear pulley the dowel should be in the slot marked 3v as per picture

Thats better. Right, heres a good pic i found. If yours looks the same as this, you're good:-

From here - http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...ming-belt.html

Put the lower belt cover back on as it has the timing markings on it. If you're using that mark in the crank cog i'm not sure if thats correct (possibly is).

Lets get that right first, then we know its NOT timing related. Also as Thomp says - backlash cogs (although that wouldnt stop it running, it would just run like a Diesel)

c.

sorted then the front cam pulley is in the wrong slot.

I fitted the front pulley with the dowel in 3v notch as you'd think that is correct doh!
    Last edited by cavegod; 02-08-2016 at 15:39.

Yay!

Sorry chris, just realised you posted your pics up. High fives all round mother fluffers.

Now lets hear this run.

:)

Surely though the rear bank should fire normally?, or would there be enough unburnt fuel to flood rear bank?

I wouldn't expect a 6 cylinder engine to run on 3, 1 tooth out on a 4 cylinder engine can stop them running so several out with more cylinders will cause issues

What's that?

Your making this difficult, take the belt off, refit lower timing cover, refit crank pulley. Then crank until the mark I photo'd is at 0.

Remove rear pulley refit it with dowel in 3v slot. Remove front pulley refit with dowel in slot with raised dot. Refit belt turn engine with crank bolt 2 revolutions check marks still align then look for any other issues

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast