Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3vz wont start

Sorry what engine is this in? Might want to give us a bit of background! :)

lol you mean car, its in a celica,

All vac line look correct so im hoping it was just flooded will see if it runs in a bit.

Right well im at a loss as to whats wrong, if i unplug injectors it will fire and run (albeit erraticaly, plug them back in it wont fire, can it be that flooded with fuel from all the none starts? whats best way to dry it out?

okay, so aside from the fact that we know you removed and refitted the heads, and might have a slight timing issue, anything else changed?

Did you remove the pulleys from the cams, are they refitted to the ends of the cams correctly? There are two slots on each pulley. Have you checked this all static, crank at TDC and cam pulleys spot on? At TDC all valves should be closed (you will need to whip off the cam covers to check that).

Wiring - is everything earthed? Run a continuity test between everything (body to block, heads, plenum etc etc) Has everything been reconnected (not left a plug off somewhere)? When cranking is it pumping fuel? Undo the cold start pipe on the end of the ACIS and wrap a rag around it, crank the engine it should squirt fuel.

Try those anyway.

c.

when i get home i will post an in depth report.

Left hand pulley (bank with pcv valve, fit it to the slot marked 3v)

Right hand pulley

Crank pulley (white mark lines with 0 on belt cover)

You can see the white timing marks you need to be using, did you set the backlash between the inlet and exhaust cams in each head?

Ok heres some pics

I removed the ACis plate and its wet inside.

Untitled by Peter Brookdale, on Flickr

Right pulley looks correct, can't tell for rear bank.

If it's flooded you'll need to remove the plugs and leave it to evaporate the fuel.

And the backlash on the cams?

FFS, Am I right in thinking the camshaft pin should be in the notch pointing towards the timing mark as mine is in the left notch and not the one with the raised circle thus about 45 degrees out?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast