Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3vz wont start

3vz wont start

The engine back together after head gasket replacement.

got fuel spark but wont fire.

just wondering if timing belt is correctly set, does the mark on the crank pulley align with mark on oil pump so as the dot on crank pulley is pointing up?

Easy way to check. (My opinion anyway)

Take the dizzy cap off, mark no.1 plug lead approx location.

Turn the engine until the crank pulley is at TDC and the rotor arm points to no.1 plug lead location.

Check the position of the cam pulleys.

C.

right crank pulley was 180 out, but still wont start its as if its sparking at wrong time as blowing out afm, wont fire at all, all timing marks align and when the rotor arm points at plug 2

hold on retard alert, the rear bank has two marks on the cam pulley, it seems im on the wron one,

just to check out of the two marks i should be using the right mark?

Assuming that you made a typo and you meant to say all marks align with the rotor arm pointing at plug 1?

Are you sure the cam pulleys are on the correct way around, they can go on backwards aswell as on the wrong dowel.

Also did you set the cam backlash?

Can't help much tonight as I'm at work but tomorrow I can photo the correct fitment of the cam pulley

right update,

i retimed using the other timing mark and a tdc the rotor is vertical pointing at 1, still wont run though.

i remived plugs and great spark put them back in and no fire. unplugged injectors and it tried firing after a while then did run but died again. so timing is right now so summat else is amiss. how should fuel regulator be plumbed in? i have va line to itfrom plenum then vac line from os to fpr is that correct?

If you've been trying to start it alot you may have flooded it which is why it would try to fire with the injectors disconnected

well yeah plugs wet, will see what happens in morning, will dissconnect the afm and crank it a few times on full throttle.

Be better to just pull efi fuse in rear fuse box

if i had a rear fusebox i would, ill just pull the one in the front ��

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast