Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear Arb

Also whats the easiest way to get them to line up when fitting the bolts?

Normally they go in fairly well, have you tried removing the arm and just trying to fit the bolt in the subframe? How damaged is the thread you can usually carefully file it back to life.

On one occasion I've had to loosen the big nut on the tension nut right off and slide the bushes apart , this gives the control arm more slack to move in. I'll assume you haven't attached the balljoint to the hub when your trying to fit the control arm bolt?

the treads are all rounded off on the bolts.

im not sure the big nut would undo as its very rusted but that would make it a lot easier, the way i found i could line them up is a jack under the ball joint and jack up until its libed up, i may leave the wheels on and support the car on subframe then seeif they line upbetter.

Attachment 3068

ok, easiest way (and i bet the bolts are fine by the way) is leave the the front trailing arm bolt until last. Then put a trolley jack under the ball joint and raise it until the front of the trailing arm lines up and put the bolt through that. You might need to lever it about slightly and / or line it up with a screwdriver first.

c.

no the bolts wont start even with control arm out the way, they jyst wont start.

Checked my spares, I've got none I'm afraid.

Ok guys all sorted, i googled the part no. and found an image that showed the bolt size. popped to engineers next door got two bolts. they still wouldnt screw in so angle grinder out two holes cut in sub frame, removed the captive nuts, tapped them. knocked bolt through and screwed nut on and tightened up.

got te arms to line up easily without jacking or anything with car still on wheels!

ill weld the larger drainage holes up one day possibly ��

Um, that sounds like a major Bodge even by my standards. I can't see that being lined up as it should be.

Let's see some pics!

C.

how can it not be lined up, the bolt is through both holes and the arm?

I heard the same about a cambelt once. ;)

The proof of the pudding will be getting it tracked up. It sounds a bit extreme, hence why i wondered if you had any pics.

c.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast