Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any opinions on this 1MZ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Deuce Coupe View Post
    Hi - my 1993 Mk2 Woodsport 1mz Fe vvti is currently for sale (see eBay ). If of interest, happy to answer any questions or arrange a meet ?
    Chris
    Thank you, and we have actually spoken via ebay, but I am afraid any offer would be well below your asking price and I know you are not keen to move on the price.

It is a lovely car though! :)

Thanks- good luck with your search !

Just to conclude the thread, I chatted indepth to the owner and the history and knowledge of the conversion is very limited. He was also unsure of a few bits of the spec so I made a top offer of 3k but he wasn't keen at that price, so I have left it, with the offer on the table.

As it's my first 1mz and I am yet to learn the ins and outs of the engines and the conversion, I would rather only spend more if the car comes from either a known forum seller or a known conversion.

I'm not sure if my ceiling of £4k will get me what I want, but I'll keep looking :)

Thanks all for the advice.

Not considered building your own or getting Mr Woods on the case?

That way you can spec exactly what you have.

c.

If you visit https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ put in the reg & Toyota it will bring it's MOT history up, it has had some welding & it was also off the road for 18 months or so in 2009 maybe that is when the conversion was done, it's not done a lot of miles since.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Not considered building your own or getting Mr Woods on the case?

That way you can spec exactly what you have.

c.
    Yes, I have the thought every so often of building my own (and have done a couple of engine conversions in the mk3 with one currently still on the go), but this time I decided I wanted to buy a car mostly done and just tinker, so I can actually use it all the time rather than spend a while building it.

What I have found however is that when I start looking at running conversions I then get picky, and my head then goes back to building one again lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    If you visit https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ put in the reg & Toyota it will bring it's MOT history up, it has had some welding & it was also off the road for 18 months or so in 2009 maybe that is when the conversion was done, it's not done a lot of miles since.
    Thanks, I did similar before I spoke to the chap.

I am still keen on the car, just not at the price he is after. You never know he may come back with an acceptance on my £3k offer :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12