So, long ago I decided to do the JH Classics conversion on my car. After years of studies, I'm now done and ready to begin my build.

I have however encountered a worrying thing in my build. The custom built rims that goes with this wider bodied kit includes a set of spacers that are simply put, ridiculous. The rear spacers are 61mm "deep" (2,4 inches).

Now I'm a bit worried about my wheel bearings and my suspension setup. With the new setup the rear wheels will have a negative offset of about 55. I know that some offroaders have used 3" spacers without much headache, but our cars arent exactly offroaders.

Right. So here is the whole picture.
All four rims are the same: 7x16 ET5
The spacers are needed to make the cars wheels look right with the bodykit.
Front spacers are 20mm.
Rear spacers are 61mm.

My car is a 1991. I'm running Öhlins adjustable dampers, Eibach Sportline springs and Superpro bushings

As far as I can tell, people agree that the optimal setup for a MR2 is staggered setup. I'm currently working on getting in contact with a company that can widen the rims. I might potentially be able to get the rears to 8x16. This will move the center of the wheels a bit inward again. This way I also achieve the staggered setup: Front=7x16, Rear=8x16.

Right so it seems I'm going on the hunt for a company that can customize my suspension + a company that can customize my rims. Dang I really wasen't prepared for this sort of setback. Seems really poorly thought out by the creator of the kit.

Before I venture further into this crazy mission.
Do any of you know of someone who could give me a qualified guess as to how screwed up my suspension geometry would be by just running the current setup? If we are talking very screwed up, to the point that every other aspect of setting up the suspension would be pointless, or just minorly screwed up, to the point that it wouldn't be the ideal autoX car?

Do you know of anyone that can look at the numbers and estimate how the car will respond to running the setup with the large spacers that was provided with the kit?

I emailed JH and asked him about this issue and this was the response: "There is no problem with the wheels, this is a standard practice and some cars run bigger hub adaptors. We have not had any reports of any problem over the five years of these car’s being built although I understand your concern.

When the car is finished you will need to reset the Geometry of the car see attached details.
"

Here is the new suspension setup that he suggests:
"1. Front toe 0 to 0.5 toe in Aim for Zero.

2. Front camber angle 0.5 to 0.75 degrees.

3. Rear toe 3 to 4 mm toe in.

4. Rear camber 1.25 to 1.75 degrees

Springs

Lower car height on springs so that the front and rear wheel arches, GRP

bodywork is 40mm from the top of the tyre.

Steering

Steering limit stops should be fitted inside the gaiters, on the inner tie

rods to stop the front tyres fouling in the wheel arch.
"

Right now I'm just really looking for someone with the knowledge to tell me if running the spacers will dangorously screw up the suspension. I don't want to drive a car that will be a fast car, but can't handle a turn without spinning or sliding into the ditch.

I have Öhlins dampers, Eibach springs, poly bushes and so on.. I have a 2GRFE engine and a transmission with a Quaife LSD waiting to be installed. I really don't want all these nice things to be wasted because of this stupid suspension problem. :icon_cry: