Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: coolant hoses keep popping off

Um, might want to keep a close eye on it. I've done similar before and it changed the behaviour a bit.

what changed? I've ordered a couple of 90 bends and some pipe so that I can get that hose off that's currently bodged on.

You might find it runs cooler or hotter than before, or struggles in traffic. Even the number of vanes on the water pump can make a difference (as proved by Paul Woods).

It's probably fine, but considering the fun you have had with the hoses etc, just keep a close eye on it.

c.

I won't mind if it runs cooler. after I'd bled the system (as much as I think it needed bloody bleeding) I let it run for a while so I could check the temp and for leaks. No leaks or fans kicking in which was a good start, but I did notice the expansion bottle was full, so maybe once I've got those new pieces of hose on I'll stick my 1.5 or the 1.3 bar cap back on. I won't be going too far with it until that's done, and I've got a big bottle of coolant in the frunk ready to use if something goes tits up before the postie arrives. I tried all the motor factors around here at the weekend and none of them stock large coolant hoses!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345