Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Back By Popular Demand... Another 1953 Pickup Truck!

Here's from Sunday- Nowhere really to put a public thread on another car, so I'll just cram it here:

Amazes me how you get an engine out of a car in under 3 minutes ;-) I have one further thing to add, that pontiac suv thing is FUGLY, please tell me its for an engine swap too?

Neat job and I agree the Pontiac looks like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

I want a Pontiac aztec like Heisenberg out of breaking bad it's soooo bad it's cool.

It seems like more work. But we always pulled the trans with the engine out of the race car.....

Surprised it ran long enough to get in the shed...that's well close to a lunched rod...not just a bearing
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

This Scooby sounded like hell in a handbasket! It will likely be sold with the Pontiac when it gets finished next week.

The Pontiac. Yes, it's hideous. I bought it from the guys that buy my trucks. I basically did it as an exercise in trust, knowing that I hate it, knowing that I despise GM products, he said "It needs nothing, we basically rebuilt everything, it's ready and it's cheap". So I bought it from him, just drove to his house and picked it up, plated and all done.

After a few days of owning it, I did the only respectable thing I could do- Email him a list of every single thing that was wrong with it. He told me to bring it back and the guy that worked on it, telling him that it was "done" and "ready" would be fired.
    He took the car for a few days, had his best guy call me and we went over everything. He fixed it and still, even though I hate it, even though I despise GM products and especially this thing, when I'm driving it- I don't hate it.
    It's driven me all through the city in bumper to bumper traffic, in the pouring rain for days and it just runs. Everything works and it's got good tires, brakes etc.

It's leaving, you can be sure of that. :)

The question is not whether its leaving.....

Its how? Viking funeral maybe?

Well SHIT. A hemi Durango AND a MINT 1953-54 International body just showed up in my driveway. The Scooby engine hasn't arrived yet, but I expect it this week. Watch for a new thread :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    Well SHIT. A hemi Durango AND a MINT 1953-54 International body just showed up in my driveway.
    Love it.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Mint body you say?. How will you cope with no rust repairs?

Question is. Now that you have moved to good canvas,will you paint this one?if so with what?