Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Back By Popular Demand... Another 1953 Pickup Truck!

Hemi 3 fired up and drove around to the front today. I have begun sizing up the cab drop, the dash cluster and the steering column/foot box area.... looks promising :]

Quick progress report:

This is a much tighter fitting, better looking build all around. Rather than tacking it together and mounting it later to see what fits where, I now know how much room I have and exactly where I can put things ahead of time.
    This will have a much better driving position, a perfect seating position, Hemi #2 was comfy- but seats were too high. New glass all around, real AC and new wheels and tires. We've already decided that I'll be the one taking this to car shows in the autumn.

is there space there for a second petrol (gas) tank? Give you some super long range cruising options!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

diff looks offset slightly, so he may not be able to fit a full size tank in on the off side:(

still would not be hard to fab one up....he has probably seen that project binky episode...lol
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Damn thats looking minty. I love the chassis blast, looks like new.

:)

2 tanks? For what? lol
    I would only need a few gallons, all I do is drive 'em around the yard and someone else buys 'em!

as long as you don't have a problem...

if it aint broke....lol
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

I DO miss the much simpler times of your basic MR2 3VZFE swap....

They're all priced like they're dipped in gold around here these days.

HEMI trucks are fun, but MR2's have that je ne sais quoi that make them very appealing.
    (don't hate me because I used a French saying) lol

French burn the heathen, then again half my family's from French Canada so carry on my Gallic chum.