Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Back By Popular Demand... Another 1953 Pickup Truck!

Back By Popular Demand... Another 1953 Pickup Truck!

Hello again everyone!

The last truck was such a success that I started looking around on the internet to see if I could get lucky enough to find another one of those early 50's International Pickup trucks.

I found one in California, bad glass, no papers etc. Found several others that were in the wrong year range. Nothing that I could use, maybe some 1960's stuff but I wanted the same body style truck because I already know exactly what to do with one of those. Nothing that was rough & ready. I took a shot in the dark at an area of Indiana that is very rural, middle of nowhere type stuff.

I found a kid with the exact same truck. He was selling it cheap (sort of) because he'd gotten in over his head and knew he was never getting it finished.

I called him up, about three and a half hours away. We made a deal and I borrowed a tow dolly and long into the wee hours of the night, I brought it home.

It's the more civilian version of the R-120 3/4 ton truck that I had before, basically the same exact thing, but this one is an R-110 with nicer door cards, it's a half ton truck and a four speed on the floor.

It's also in much better original condition. Good glass on this one, good papers. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you:

The next installment of--

Hemi 4x4 1953 International pickup truck ('Old Blue as it's now known)

Is it just me or

Best of luck :)

No, you're right- they look just like that tow mater thing. Any old truck with big wings resembles that thing. I still don't like these type of trucks, but the guys with the money sure like them.... ;)

It'll be another Hemi 4x4, but more creature comforts and a few differences. Less fab work needs to be done on this one. The hunt is on for a donor truck!

same donor as last time?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Yes. 2004-2009 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi AWD.

Finding this truck, this close (3.5hrs) and in this shape, is kind of unbelievable. I looked for hours in southern states on the 'net.

Finding another cheap 5.7 donor is proving to be most difficult. They're about 4-6k right now. I might use my black daily driver as the donor. Maybe. Depends on $$ :)

The wife and I have discussed me keeping my black truck and chopping up her Hemi Durango... If that happens, she's winning wife/mother of the year I can tell you that!

We'll see. It's a money thing at this point.

Today- or tonight rather... This is all that happened:

Yes, I stood there drinking beer and looked at it. :)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Being honest I was kinda hoping for something different this time around (purely from a spectators point of view).... but i can appreciate why you're sticking to the formula for financial reasons.

As you were.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I'm intrigued to see how good you can get at something famiar.

Although you don't technically need a dodge truck, remember the TVR chassis? You could plop it on that, 2wd sure but lower than a badgers badger.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Being honest I was kinda hoping for something different this time around (purely from a spectators point of view).... but i can appreciate why you're sticking to the formula for financial reasons.

As you were.
    I agree with this in one sense, but will be nice to be able to tweak the bits you weren't happy with last time. And at your work rate, the next project will be along soon enough....

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast