Thread: Gulf Mk1 turbo

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Gulf Mk1 turbo

A customer from Germany brought this over to me a month or so ago, since then we've been transforming it into a 1.5, but at the same time overhauling the engine bay and anything else we see that is rusty. The car is a fully Gulf themed track car, i will get some pics of it soon.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I love the gulf colour scheme. Looking forward to seeing some more pics! Looks lovely and clean.

Paul - You are a tease. Great colour scheme for a Mk1. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did have some original gulf bonnet stickers as per the race cars but they've gone missing in the house move.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    We have been experimenting with different intercooler locations over the years but i think this one is by far the best looking and should catch a lot of air as it rises up through the bay, there will be a large vent in the lid above this, i love how it has turned out.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    I did have some original gulf bonnet stickers as per the race cars but they've gone missing in the house move.
    You'll find them when you don't need them, put them somewhere safe, so safe that the next time you want them you'll not be able to find them

That really is a stunning engine bay. Owner is going to be very happy.

I don't usually envy other owners, not even those Mk1 2GR-FE conversions. However, although the turbo route isn't my thing, I am thoroughly jealous over this one.

That looks spectacular.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk