Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.2 LS3 4wd Project Discussion.

6.2 LS3 4wd Project Discussion.

Once I get board with the Supra, I'll be flogging the shell off and doing the above. My solution is quite simple.

Mk4 Supra Subframe with diff moved 3" to the right. Engine mounted south/north on subframe. Tremec MG9 box hooked up to Rakeway Transfer box, Freelander viscous coupling then prop to the front diff. Both Diffs are E46 M5 BMW Dave Mac Plate Slipper Modified.

Front lower wishbones are rear supra upper inverted, GT4 ST185 Front hubs. Upper wishbones will be custom made.

Dave mac props and shafts.

Thoughts?

Lyndon.

:icon_eek:

:thumbsup:
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Will this actually fit in the space? Also how do you plan on doing the front driveshaft and steering assembly?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

So let me get this straight- you're making a 4wd MR2 with a V8?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I see nothing wrong with the plan....as you were sir.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

seems pretty much par for the course round 'ere all the best!

I have the engine. It's a LS2 iron block into which are fitted LS3 internals which makes a 6.2. We will be fitting a big roller cam into this and ls3 cnc heads which should make about 600bhp n/a. Ultimately I'll fit a Crower 6.7 stoker kit and a pair of GTX35/116's, but lets walk first.

I also have the gearbox, dual plate ram clutch and billet flywheel assembly. It's a 6 speed Tremec MG9 (Hybrid TR6060 with integral bell housing and Magnum internals).

I have one E46 M5 diff and 2 MK4 Supra subframes and suspension setups.

I need one more E46 M5 diff and the Rakeway Billet reverse rotation transfer box.

I also need an MR2 :)

M5 Diffs have 2 plate LSD's. Dave Mac adds 4 more plates to make them 6 plate with ramp angles to your liking. I'll have this done for the rear diff, the front I'll leave as is.

Engine box and diff are going in the Supra first courtesy of Dyno Torque who I do a lot of work for.

The LS3 is not as long or as wide as you think. Ample space for turbos. The diff will sit partially in the boot space(boot bulk head will be gone exhuasts between the rear lights). I've thought about the front. Supra rear subframe in the front. Holds the diff and double wish bones. The uppers just swap left to right. The lower bones will need to be Custom made and hubs will be off a ST185 Celica.

I fully approve so long as it gets finished... too many mk2 V8's that never reach the start line....
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I'm never selling the 944
    - and now we wait!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I also need an MR2 :)
    I can help you there, happy to donate a Rev2 shell to the cause, it will be missing its engine/gearbox and rear hubs but otherwise complete.

Sills need attention, bodywork needs a respray etc but it's yours for free. (I actually have £500 invested in it but happy to let it go for free to a good cause).

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast