Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bad Obsession Motorsports - Project Binky

Quote Originally Posted by gavsdavs View Post
    I'm more interested in how they get all the piping/cooling to fit under a mini bonnet. There can't be much of the rest of the car they can do before having to tackle the engine.
    They put the rad and the IC in episode 7. But can't remember if they made any start at all on the hosing.

Ep 22 up. Can't watch it until I get home but looks dashboard-y

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    If you like 30 minutes of speaker install you're going to love it, personally i think it's being strung out to ridiculous lengths now...... why are they fucking about with speakers when there's a 3s-gte to get running?

#bored

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

They did at least say at the end that next episode was under the bonnet :)

30 minutes?....

Ummmm....tidy, those 6×9's will sound rubbish. it will "ring" and rattle.
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I do enjoy the fabrication on show and attention to detail is amazing, just frustrating the order in which they are doing things, nobody would be installing speakers before getting the engine working that's all. Maybe they are worried people will stop watching once the engine is running and it's pretty much mission accomplished?

I liken it to the old (and new) Top Gear, hated some of the content and childish bits, but was still the best thing to watch on a Sunday night.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

or maybe they are doing it in a logical order. they wanted to complete the internal wiring and that includes Audio.

It's like they want to show all the ways they can alter/fabricate - for example the altered plastic for the front speakers was a nice trick, and all their wiring is lovely to watch.

But i do think there's an awful lot of pitfalls waiting under the bonnet and that's where it'll be really interesting.

oh aye. give it a month and they should be onto engine wiring, hopefully theyll sort the exhaust and sump first, mind. im thinking dry sump setup to solve the exhaust routing issue... but thatll be a whole lot of new issues, starting with the packaging of said setup....

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast