Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Bad Obsession Motorsports - Project Binky

Any car audio installer would be that fussy on a sex spec build, most pro auto sparkies are too, and if your showing off your work youd be fussy too.
    (Think of that lancia stratos rep, that paul wired the 1mz into. once everthing else is just so, bodging is not cool)

Admittedly there are alot that are not....when i got the current project car, looms were all the same colour, and twisted together and wrapped in cello tape
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Think of that lancia stratos rep, that paul wired the 1mz into. once everthing else is just so, bodging is not cool
    This x1000, i cannot stand rough arse ways of doing things.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by qwakers View Post
    oh aye. give it a month and they should be onto engine wiring, hopefully theyll sort the exhaust and sump first, mind. im thinking dry sump setup to solve the exhaust routing issue... but thatll be a whole lot of new issues, starting with the packaging of said setup....

Dry sump yes, I'm picking up the front of the motor, drivers side of the down pipe..as i wouldnt put it in the cabin, and running it to the boot has its own issues.
    Or where the AC/PS pumps were.

Not a bad one, good mix of mechanical and finishing-up bits.

Can't be much longer for turbo/manifolds/induction now surely?

I think they might get Turbo Yoda on the phone, or possibly even in person, to decide on the turbo choice.

I also wonder if we are going to see the re-trimming work get done too, and the painting. I guess its going to be someone else doing it.

Also concerning paint.

What colour do you reckon they are going to paint it? I think the original was like "off white" or something.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Being a car builder/painter i've had the painting thoughts in my mind since the start, as some of the things they are doing are going to mean a complete tear down to be able to paint the shell inside and out. So when they fasten up a wiring loom with a cable tie and snip it off saying "done"..... well that's all gotta come back out again?

The entire thing will need reducing to every last nut and bolt to paint it properly, i reckon there's a good 10 more episodes they can eek out of that.

Better episode though, enjoyed the sump bit having done similar stuff myself.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Those wiring looms under the dash are covered, so maybe its not gonna get "shelled" before paint...bodge....

Pretty sure they said in a previous episode it will all be coming out before paint which is why there are no grommets fitted.

I do look forward to the episodes but really wish they would get the engine running. Hopefully they are getting closer to the startup now they are working on the coolant system.

No, I think they will rip it all out, and then whilst its gone for paint. Do the engine rebuild, and tape all the wiring up with loom tape.

I don't think they would put all the effort in everywhere else, and not do a proper paint of the shell.
    I think its going to have more layers than a Rolls Royce!

I mean, I can see why they always perma-fix everything. I'm working on a mini currently, and mines a stripped out race car, and it's got absolutly no room in it at all!

If they didn't fix it in, they would be destroying the wiring loom by just trying to sit in it.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast