Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Obsession Motorsports - Project Binky

Bad Obsession Motorsports - Project Binky

Everyone on here seems to like a good bit of fabrication and I came across this channel not too long ago and thought it was too good to share.

The project comes from Bad Obsession Motorsports and they are shoehorning the complete ST185 running gear including AWD into a 1980 Mini with the expressed goal of not altering the bodywork dimensions save for some flares. They haven't completed the project yet but there are 12 episodes on YouTube that go into a lot of detail with the fabrication methods used to fit the running gear.

http://www.badobsessionmotorsport.co...project-binky/

Nice. Keeps getting the odd mention on here, those guys are awesome. And hilarious!

:)

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...ighlight=binky

Been on it and discussing from the start. Its been a well conceived promo tool for Bad Obsession, as their videos are taking longer to make.... must be getting busy for them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I'm never selling the 944
    - and now we wait!

I like the CAD stuff they do, and some of the flaring/folding tools like like I need them...

and the jig/rotisserie good bit of lo-cost engineering there,
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Watching guys like that, you can definitely pick up a trick or two. It looks as if the latest entry is about 8 months ago? They must be doing other things, or that car should have been done? Great show though!

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    It looks as if the latest entry is about 8 months ago?
    last entry was closer to 8 weeks ago, where they built the zorst....

Yeah, I am wrong on that one. I'm watching one from April 8th 2016. It's good to know that guys smarter than I am have to change something several times to get it right. They did one hell of a job with bump steer and ackerman. I'm glad I don't have to work that out anytime soon. Once was enough for me!

its reassuring aint it, to know even paid professionals like them, revise plans to suit, after hours of fab work...

there is hope for us mere mortals yet:)

I wont have the bump steer problem, but ackerman's maybe..but that's a problem when I get stuck into suspension/air bags and stuff

Bump. Next episode is up, building a fuel tank.

Watched Ep13 this morning (bit more than just the fuel tank). Great as ever, just so frustrating waiting for the next one!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast