Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Phoenix - A barn find story

Think I've got a front wing in that colour... And some taillights too!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon View Post
    Think I've got a front wing in that colour... And some taillights too!
    Tail-lights -> yess!!
    Wings -> nah, going fiberglass and painting the whole car a different colour anyway ^^.

Just check the front chassis horns haven't succumbed to rust and where the door switches are its not bubbling around there as that's a box reinforced section inside, you will see if you jack the car up and it's gone there it will crunch the sill.

No big problems but a pita to fix.
    Like the arb front mounts

I love the enthusiasm for this thing. You guys are kicking ass and taking names on this build! (that means you're not mucking about and making great progress) Be proud. This is a worthy undertaking and it's fun for us to watch. THANKS!

Early on you mentioned the 5 cyl Volvo engine. That would be truly awesome. With all the trouble you are going to, it would almost be worth it. Or at least buy an 850 estate (manual only mind) to lug parts and tools around in until you have finished the project lol. They are virtually worthless and easily out-handle an MR2 (shhhhh who said that?)....

Quote Originally Posted by LawrenceSelly View Post
    Best standing in engine bay shot ever. Keep up the good work !

As has been said already well done this is moving quick

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    Just check the front chassis horns haven't succumbed to rust and where the door switches are its not bubbling around there as that's a box reinforced section inside, you will see if you jack the car up and it's gone there it will crunch the sill.

No big problems but a pita to fix.
    Like the arb front mounts
    Haven't checked the door switches yet, but the front horns are in good condition. But it doesn't matter as we are going to be doing some wizardry at that end anyway ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    I love the enthusiasm for this thing. You guys are kicking ass and taking names on this build! (that means you're not mucking about and making great progress) Be proud. This is a worthy undertaking and it's fun for us to watch. THANKS!
    Haha! yeah :P that's pretty much my life attitude! Let's hope it doesn't turn around and bite me when I start digging further.

Quote Originally Posted by albertskytour View Post
    Early on you mentioned the 5 cyl Volvo engine. That would be truly awesome. With all the trouble you are going to, it would almost be worth it. Or at least buy an 850 estate (manual only mind) to lug parts and tools around in until you have finished the project lol. They are virtually worthless and easily out-handle an MR2 (shhhhh who said that?)....
    Well I have been looking into engine options, especially during the week whilst I'm 'at work' XD

I would love the power of the V6, and turbo noises... BUT it all depends on what I can get my mitts on,

I've got a few friends in a few scrap yards that are currently looking through their Lexus / Toyota / Volvo repertoires to see what I can get.

The only trouble with the Volvo engine is width, as I don't think it will fit in the small space I've got to work with :/ but I've said to a mate "if you can get me a cactus FWD 5 pot to borrow, that would be awesome" just so I can test it.

So! We will see what happens, got loads! LOADs of other stuff to do first before we even think about getting it moving on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by gavsdavs View Post
    Best standing in engine bay shot ever. Keep up the good work !
    Well I was going to say it but...

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Like a boss....
    Beat me to it :P

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Great progress sir..... but tell me, why did you drop the big blue diamond into the ocean! That would have paid for your build!

(sorry i couldn't resist)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast