The Beginning

I'm a computer games designer from Shropshire, and I work in Coventry, so my daily driver has been a Ford Fiesta Mk7 TDCi Zetec S for the last year. I've modded it and played with it as much as my warranty will allow, but because I need it every day to be reliable and get me to work; I really shouldn't be playing with it, looks nice tho right?.

So whilst helping my dad the other day, I was asked to go cut some lengths of carpet off some rolls that he had in storage at "a mates barn thing" so I toddled off in the van to go and find them.

I also found this:

She looked all sad and forgotten, and because the barn was also used as an airsoft playground; she looked a bit 'shot at' :/

SO a plan was hatched!! Lets save this MR2 from the scrap man.

I made a deal with the owner of the barn to save it, and after fixing the siezed brakes, flat tyres, and a few other little niggles, I pushed her to the door to get her home.

And a few days, a helpful uncle, and two dead winches later. Shes home :D

The Plan

I'm in this project with my Uncle, hes either going to be a helping hand, or a ruling hand, depending on how he feels. So I think I will class the following as 'Plan A' as he may have his own ideas.

So; Plan A:

Engine

As yet undecided, I want to do something a bit different as a Ford Fan, so I'm thinking of using a 5 pot from a Volvo. But as its probably going to be a lot easier to do, A 1MZ might be the engine I choose.

The 'box and drivetrain will all come as a direct result of the engine choice, but I will go with a gearbox rebuild for either conversion + 6th gear mod.

Chassis

Polybushed all round
Adjustable control arms where available
Gaz Gold Coilover Kit
Everything that is serviceable will be removed, blasted, Pol15'd, sprayed, and placed back on the car.

Body

Front:
New, lighter front end by using
fiberglass wings
lightened custom radiator mount
lightened custom bumper mount
original bumper
new front lip from Woodsport

Rear:
repair original wings (Datsun method)
fiberglass boot lid
fiberglass engine lid
Twin exhaust tips, total JDM style, CT Fist test approved

All over:
Rust repaired
Pol15 coated

Interior

Zilla bucket seats
Electronic steering conversion (need some help with this)
semi stripped out interior
Android tablet head unit + Amplified mini stereo system (for the drive to work on occasion)

Engine Bay

Detailed and cleaned, all wiring will be hidden where possible.
Shaved, and moved to frunk where possible.

Colour and Wheels

Porsche Adriatic blue
Gold Detail (Subaru wheel gold)

Konig 'WideOpen' in Subaru gold: 4x100 / 15x8J ET25

------------------------------

I'm currently stripping the car and selling bits I don't want on eBay, please see the listing in the Classified section.

I will also be mostly working on weekends to do this, and I will take as many pictures as I can. Lets hope everything goes smoothly!

Loz.