Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2gr-fe upgrades

2gr-fe upgrades

Hi guys,I'm building a kit car based on a mr2,have fitted the stock 2ltr engine for IVA test only,have purchased a 2gr-fe engine to install by woodsport,starting to think about what hp I would like when complete,400hp min would be a good start 500hp max,is my only way to make these numbers by going down the turbo route,many thanks Stu.

Why do you want 500bhp from a 2gr ? Surely the much easier and quicker route is to do it with a 3s-gte ?

Why don't you try a 2gr as it is, then if you really think it's not powerful enough for you go the supercharger route ?

I think a 2gr turbo could be pretty entertaining, having driven a 2gr they have a lot of grunt with around 300bhp but it's a smooth power delivery you don't get the massive turbo boost shove I'm the nack. I would deffo have a drive of one if you haven't yet?

I think between 300-400bhp would be a good target, I'm Pretty sure 500bhp with the weight and torque will be pretty much undrivable in a mk2 chassis on the road.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys,the 2gr would be my best bet I think,will go supercharge from the start if Paul [woodsport] can get the bits to do it.

yeah i was just thinking that if you're set on a 2gr, you get 300 straight off, you get to approaching 400 with a supercharger but I am not sure very many people have gone much further so you'd sort of be out on your own. 500bhp from a 3s-gte is relatively proven and a shitload cheaper.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    500bhp from a 3s-gte is relatively proven and a shitload cheaper.
    However reliability goes quickly south at that level.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

There's loads of room in the bay as it's a tubular frame and the rear of the car [shell] opens out,as I'm new to the rear engine seen are there any other engine options, needs to be v6 minimum as a 4 pot is lost in there.

Hi Paul,cars very close to IVA test,whats the wait time at the moment to get it booked in to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    However reliability goes quickly south at that level.
    Any ideas if anyone has successfully turbod the 2gr?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Hi Stu, i'm working around a 8-10 week workload at the minute.

Goldy a few people in the US started to build them but i don't think they ever completed them, or maybe hit a problem. Running a turbo lo-blow would be no different than the supercharger, however if you're going to do it then it needs to be the full fat version.

I will build it one day, but reliability is forever the question mark when it comes to build like that.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast