Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 1mzfe project

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    "just a few more parts to sand blast"

I beg of you don't do that, no matter what anyone advises do not blast any engine related parts that are going to come into contact with air/fuel or oil.

Have you blasted any parts so far?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Ive blasted inlet manifold and a few little pieces just cam covers left why u suggest not to im using a fine alluminium oxide and everything is getting cleaned in parts washer after to ensure nothing left inside

I built a blast chamber just to clean stuff with baking soda. No good for shitty rust but good for cleaning up engine parts.

:)

Don't do the cam covers as no amount of washing will clear the chambers above the plates underneath. Trust me i've been and done that one and had to buy second hand covers from the US to replace my knackered ones. If you are not sure this is what mine looked like under the plates after washing. Make your own mind up......

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    The above was the result of poor advice given out on this very forum which nearly cost Nigel his engine, please do not blast any engine parts.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Will def rethink blasting and just go with a good cleaner and and brush. But on another note anyway to tell the 2 inlet cams apart as like a dick i didnt mark them when i took it apart only differing markings i can find is a k and a h

Any pics of cam positions with no.1 at TDC would be awesome

These are a couple of the pictures that I took at TDC before taking the engine apart:

You can access all of my build pictures at the following shared link which will provide you with more pictures of the CAMS on and off the engine:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6z5PL6ACksvcqcWt1

Hope that helps.

Cheers buddy thats just what i was after good to see theres switched on people out there to bail out the mongs like me

anyone any views on the best way of modifying the fuel rail on the 97+ 1mz is it to get it drilled and tapped or just add the FPR on a T piece also what sort of rating am i looking at for the FPR or any suggestions on a decent one. im starting to think 2 years between researching and actually bothering my ass wearnt a good idea and now have just over a month till first local show trying to get it up and running this week so all input will be massively apprieciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast