Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 1mzfe project

Yay! We need more updates!

Anything you're needing let us know!

:)

Chris.

Right so i have hit my first snag since starting back on this i was using an air blow gun to blow all the crap off of parts after sandblasting them and have split the diaphragm on the egr actuator now my question is can i just block off the egr or will this throw up a EML.

Also does anyone bother letting DVLA know about these swaps and if so anyone had any issues

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Just get rid of EGR, and you're required by law to change details with DVLA.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

happy days shall get some plates made up for that 2moro then. and have just found a thread on here answering most of questions about DVLA turns out the search bar is your friend

So im in the process of doing some parts shopping and remember back when i first started this i was given an evay number for a clutch kit 390804885757 i have just had a look at listing and it says it is for an avensis 3sfe any ideas weather this is any good or weather the listing has changed. Also anyone know of anywhere to get spark plugs where they aint gunna cost best part of a 1er

A regular N/A clutch won't cut it. I use LUK n/a and they're pretty good, but if you intend giving it a good spanking or some track time, spend more money on an updated item.

Yea the number i was given is for an upgraded one that i got from a phone call to woodsport was told that is the clutch they use in all there conversions but like i said now its showing as a 3sfe clutch but if this will do the job i will presume it is still the same one and that the listing hasnt been changed

Don't know, but I'm sure Paul can update and clarify. Just because it fits a 3sfe doesn't mean it won't fit, it probably will.

But without knowing your setup, all I can really say is that even a half decent make like Exedy won't hold the torque. I know this because I tried it, and it slipped from day one under hard acceleration.

It all depends on how you drive and what you plan to do with your beastie when it's finished. Spending a bit extra on 'not the cheapest' is never a bad move.

Chris.

The set up is just a 1mz on n/a box and i dont plan on spanking it to often just wen i need to so prob most morning as im running late for work

so slowly getting there now got the heads on and timing belt back on just a few more parts to sand blast and paint and should be finished rebuilding soon pics to follow. but have just been reading up on the returnless fuel rail has any one got a pic of a modified one that i can use for ref.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast