Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Josh's Mk3 VVti 1mz

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Thanks Josh, there's a lot of wiring and plumbing, gear linkage is a big job, exhaust takes a week or so.

So a lot to do still but we will get there.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Yep deffo a fair few bits left! I've seen a few bits about the gear linkage on your other builds, looks interesting getting it all right. Looking forward to the exhaust, very excited about that :)

Yes there is more to modify and make on a V6 Mk3 swap than any other install, it all takes a fair while to do but we are getting there.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Hi Paul, Kim here from Wincanton Motorsport, in Wincanton, Somerset. We have just completed the transplant of a 3VZ-FE from an auto Camry into a Mk3 with a 360 Ferrari Spyder body kit on it, possibly made and fitted by Stevie Wonder!! Anyway, it was a complete nightmare as we really had no idea just how difficult it was going to be. But it is now running sweetly thanks to your wiring guide for the Mk2, even though the Mk2 wires did not match the Mk3 in any way, but the V6 loom was a perfect match. We had to solid mount the engine and box as the fit was so tight there was no room for any flex in the mounts, but on the plus side, it has a delightful tingle in the seat when the engine is revved. Another slight issue is we have all the gears, just in reverse order so the cables are going to have to be extended to come at the linkage from the other side. Not sure what box we fitted, but it went on the bell housing ok and the clutch and starter work fine, so the flywheel is ok I guess. I wil take some pics and add them, but it is not as pretty as the ones you do.

I presume you have used a mk2 Mr2 gearbox then? Using that with a Mk3 selector will reverse the gears as you have found. So you need to either make a mk2 selector work in the cabin or fit a Celica shifter assembly at the gearbox end.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice on the gear shift.

Starting to get this finished off now, wiring all done, gear selector assembly completed which is a really big part of the job, all fabricated parts have been painted and refitted to the car such as subframe, driveshaft support bearing carrier bracket and torque mounts.

All that is left to do is the exhaust system, which is going to be full stainless with the trademark flowing Y merge under the sump of equal length downpipes, update pics coming very soon.

Looking forward to the pictures. Unbelievable amount of work gone into it so far.

any pictures Paul?

Also, did you manage to see if the calliper was sticking or whether it was just the cold weather? Sorry I'm being lazy not to pick up the phone and call!

Time to update on this build, with my recent back injury work ground to a halt but i am back on it again, here are recent pics of the exhaust being fabricated, my design of flowing Y merge going into a 3" Duplex silencer...

From here the two tail pipes sweep down under the bumper, i have used this Duplex silencer a few times now and it sounds amazing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast