thread: Josh's Mk3 VVti 1mz

Aug 2015
    Warlinghan
    You are a good man! Thanks for the update! Just make sure you don't put your back out again while doing any of this! Cant have you injured again :)

Just wondering the reason for the U bend. Is that to keep the lengths equal? Or because the flexi needs to be positioned further towards the centre in order to fit the silencer in?

It's looking great, such a better looking engine bay.

Apr 2007
    South London
    I've just caught up with this. Looking fantastic and I love the pipework of the exhaust. This should go beautifully and I am looking forward to hearing it too. Great stuff! :)
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yes the U bend serves two purposes, equal length downpipes and a nicer flowing Y merge.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mar 2005
    Rear silencer finished.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Aug 2015
    Warlinghan
    Getting very close now! Bet it sounds lovely.

Apr 2007
    South London
    I bet it does too. I am pretty sure that, after seeing and hearing this, it will be open wallet surgery for me. I am going to have to get another v6 in my life!! ;)
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Mar 2005
    Getting very close now! Bet it sounds lovely.
    I'm just finishing off the bespoke twin intake pipe now so won't be long at all.

That's the spirit Nige! They have come a long way since that first 3vz install mate.

•