Thread: MAF Wiring

MAF Wiring

Not on a MR2 or even a Toyota but on the lads 1993 Skyline with a RB25DET (Ithink) engine, he's upgrading the turbo, injectors etc. Along with these changes he's going from a 3 wire MAF to a 4 wire MAF signal, 12V Supply, Earth & Signal Earth, he's been reading up & everybody seems to ask the question "I presume I can just tee the Signal Earth & the Earth together" but nobody has actually replied back, either "Yup that will do it" or "No that is a bad idea, run a new earth back to the ECU" Does anyone have an opinion?

Earth and signal earth (CG AND SG) are not the same thing, if you connect them both together I suspect the value from the maf may be affected (I.e. wrong).

Without seeing the wiring for the 4 wire version of be guessing. Well actually I'm always guessing. But I would run it back to the ECU pin if that's where its supposed to go, and if possible use the same weight cable.

God I sound like I know what I'm talking about there. You wouldn't imagine that my 2gr still has wires twisted together with sellotape in the boot.

Sings "I did it my way!!"