Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Hemi Rat Rod Build PART 2 - 2016

It's going to need bigger arches (fenders for you colonial sorts) to accommodate the feck off big shoes anyway.

:)

Oh yeah, I plan on cutting huge holes around the big wheels. As soon as the old chassis is out of the way, the "offer it up and see if it fits" bullshit starts! The big trick will be getting the power brake servo and the steering column to line up inside the old cab, then make it all sit at the correct height. Once that's done, the rest is cake.

Can you believe that four days ago it was warm and the sun was out? It wasn't dry and hot but you didn't need a winter jacket. Here we are, 4 days later and look at this shit! Back in Detroit we have a saying (and it's the same thing here in Cleveland)
    "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute. It'll change" It stayed nice outside just long enough for me to get this truck bought, get it home and get it apart.

I'm going to order steel soon so I can fabricate a lifting brace inside the cab. Once I get that done, I have to fire up the Hemi frame and get it inside the garage to see if I can make it all fit. The ground is soft under the snow, I'm a little concerned about the 4x4 frame getting stuck whilst I'm attempting to drive it around to the front of the garage.

Winter sucks but at least I'm not sitting idle for three months!

could always build a carport in front of the shed, but due to the undesirables in your neighbourhood, put fences down either side and a new door on the front.......
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    The ground is soft under the snow, I'm a little concerned about the 4x4 frame getting stuck whilst I'm attempting to drive it around to the front of the garage.
    Erm, isn't that the point in a 4x4 that it doesn't get stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    Erm, isn't that the point in a 4x4 that it doesn't get stuck?
    He's being a gimp fecking 4x4 what are you a man or a enuch grow a pair and drift it sideways into the garage, a bit of snow and lordy Lordy the world will end.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    He's being a gimp fecking 4x4 what are you a man or a enuch grow a pair and drift it sideways into the garage, a bit of snow and lordy Lordy the world will end.
    HAhahahahaha! Yep! The tires are as bald as I am on the thing and it's really soft under the snow. I know it'll come out but it might totally ruin the lawn.
    Come on now, when I'm ready to pull it in, do you think I'll sit on my hands and wait until spring?

Nah- it's coming out of the yard and into the garage! I put the bed and the cab on wooden skids that have casters on them, so I can push it around in the garage. It's on...

Think I would be looking at building a hoist frame using timber, you could build it big enough to tackle the cab, then the truck bed as two stages. Ideally you need to be able to lower it and lift it free easily because its going to be up and down like a tarts Jimmy jams until you're happy with it.

C.

is that like a batmobile kit car?????ummmmmm, we have issues...but ummmmm....yeah
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    is that like a batmobile kit car?????ummmmmm, we have issues...but ummmmm....yeah
    Hey well done that man, went back and checked where the pic came from.....

http://mattmunson.blogspot.co.uk/201...1_archive.html

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast