Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Hemi Rat Rod Build PART 2 - 2016

More:

I am hungry and tired. Next installment will be "hey I sold the chassis and the Hemi is being fitted with the cab". Hell yeah man, we rocked it today. Moved fast and Jamie & Coty came out when I called for them. Awesome team effort.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Well done sir, you can tell that took a superhuman effort.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

and were off and racing........
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

That is a huge effort fantastic work keep up this pace and it will be awesome chop and plop next

Strangest thing- After talking with relatives, it turns out that my father (RIP) always wanted an international pickup and Jamie's grandfather had one when he was still with us. My boss shoveled coal out of one of these things fifty years ago.
    And the weather could not have been warmer for a February day. This would not have happened if this was a normal winter. There would be three inches of ice on everything and at least three feet of snow on top of that.

This build, is meant to be I can tell you that. I've taken some preliminary measurements and I won't have to channel the cab floor very much because my Durango chassis sits six inches lower than this International frame does. It also seems like it will fit perfectly on the frame. I'm going to sell off the International frame, engine and transmission as quick as I can, to get it out of the way.

I'm not sure if I'm going to use the front end, wings, bonnet etc. It depends. If it fits on there and looks cool, I will because it might make hiding power brake booster and all the wiring gubbins a lot easier.
    I'm hoping for a big tire, lowered looking retro styled rat truck with pipes sticking out of it somewhere.

Here comes the long hours of fabrication, but this thing is going to be cool!

That's a great find and some very fast work there Paul. Just for some inspiration I'll leave this here.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Waaaay too nice. Mine will look like it's something from Mad Max that had babies with the Beverly Hillbillies.

And today we have no activity for a couple reasons;
    1. I'm tired lol
    2. the snow returned. It is winter after all. We have been getting off very easy with the mild season, I can't complain really!

Here's what we have today:

I'll sell off the old chassis and get to work on the fabrication of things in a few days.

Just throwing it out there, but why not get the cab and bed dipped? They built motors out of proper steel back then, and whilst its never going to look like the one in the Vid, even a home paint job, heck even powder coat the damn thing, add some Big graphics and you would get some pretty decent return on investment.

I'm betting that in the U.S of A, you can probably buy new panels for this damn thing off the shelf...
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Structural repairs to the sheet metal are all I'm doing. I had a quick look around and take a peek at what they are getting for good wings on Fleabay, because you can't buy pattern parts, at least anywhere that I saw. I didn't look too hard but it's irrelavent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IHC-Internat...1UI4ed&vxp=mtr

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast