Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: V8 Hemi Rat Rod Build PART 2 - 2016

V8 Hemi Rat Rod Build PART 2 - 2016

Ok guys, today I purchased a six cylinder, manual transmission 1953 International R-120 Pickup truck. It was a super cheap price and supposedly, it runs. Or, well- it WILL run after I see what's what. The guy says he had it running.

Rather than ramble on about it- It's going to be insanely cool when I drop this body on to my Hemi 4x4 Chassis.

See for yourselves:

Wicked. Most of that will buff out i reckon.

Chop 'n' plop here we come.

:)

c.

Last road legal in 1986. I'm going to see if I can get it to run tomorrow. It's about 12:30 at night and It's supposed to be unseasonably warm tomorrow.

I see many things taking place over the next couple weeks. I want it to look lowered, but still have that 4x4 chassis under it. That probably means a channeling of the cab and bed to get it to look lowered, but still have big giant tires.
    I'm also seeing exhaust pipes out the sides somewhere. I love the fact that I was able to get this so cheap.

If I put the running boards and fenders on it, plus make it start on the button- I could profit a few thousand. But that's not why it's here. It's here to make this old man's truck live again. It's here to see if I can rise to the challenge. It's here to get that rod knocking Hemi engine, to scream it's heart out on the streets.

Let's get to work shall we?

a school friend's dad used one of them to tow his street stock to speedway....

not nascar style speedway....clay and contact:)

lake pipes? or something a touch more discreet?

channel the try is easy. most of it looks rotten already so put the rails above the deck height after you kick the floor out...lol

gonna roof chop it too???though it is a fairly large amount of work. but bad ass all the way
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

a school friend's dad used one of them to tow his street stock to speedway....

not nascar style speedway....clay and contact:)

lake pipes? or something a touch more discreet?

channel the try is easy. most of it looks rotten already so put the rails above the deck height after you kick the floor out...lol

gonna roof chop it too???though it is a fairly large amount of work. but bad ass all the way, rat sled that mo-fo
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    That thing is very cool, i agree with Sketchy though, crying out for a roof chop although looking at it that looks like an enormous amount of work, especially the doors.

Some inspiration for you

Seriously though, it might make a pretty cool Rat look tow truck?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I seriously would! Imagine the looks it would get.... do it!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

It would make a sick looking tow truck. I can add that crane on the back after it runs and drives. We'll see what shape it ends up with in a few weeks. I know, a chop would be sweet but it's not worth it. It won't look so tall and lanky once it's dropped down over the frame. It's going to look completely different sitting on the Dodge frame & axles. I'm having my coffee then I'm going out there with a battery and a can of starting fluid. Video of course.

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast