Thread: fuel pump on ebay (has anyone used one before)???

fuel pump on ebay (has anyone used one before)???

Hi does anyone know much about KEMSO 340LPH High Performance Fuel Pump TOYOTA MR2 TURBO (3S-GTE)
    ( 262228217292 ) on ebay.
    came to start the old girl at the weekend and it would not start, after doing all the tests with the relays etc and putting a direct 12v feed to the pump it looks like its seized, so tank out job, was just wondering if anyone had bought one of these and if they are any good as ,as you know tank out job not very pleasurable and only want to do it once, any advice on what I should get would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Alex.

Hi Alex,

Everyone says 'Walboro'; they are world famous and super reliable.

I went 'off piste' when I did my 2gr swap and bought a Deatch Werks fuel pump, mainly because people said they were just as good, and a lot quieter.

Short version of this story, the damn thing died in the tank and I had to swap it out. Pain in the ass.

I fitted a Walboro. And that would be my advice to you.

They can be had for £60 or so on eBay, but they work.

Chris. ;)

Hi Chris thanks for the advice, is there a specific part number to search for or just search for Walboro fuel pump?
    Whilst your on I have a border front bumper on the car and want to swap it for a standard bumper as when I put the car back on the road I want it to be totally standard, do you think it would be worth me posting a thread to see if anyone would want to swap or just advertise it for sale.

Regards
    Alex.

Just make sure its a "genuine Walboro", rather than a compatible or some bollocks.

And yeah, get a picture up of the bumper on the car, see what people think. Might get some takers.

Chris.

Hi Chris Sorry its a Bomex front bumper not Border

Thanks
    Alex.

I've bought a Walbro 450 for my Supra. Quieter than the 255 as different technology and virtually same money.